Author Topic: WoA question: kandra hunting (spoilers?)  (Read 4895 times)

darxbane

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WoA question: kandra hunting (spoilers?)
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 04:31:06 PM »
He may not have actually received Malatium from Oreseur, but I don't doubt that is where he learned of it.  I would like to know what you combine Atium with to make Malatium.  I imagine that wouldn't give any of the story away.  All we know is what it does, what it's called and that it contains Atium. 
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 02:25:59 AM »
I can't wait to see electrum used, and some more about gold, those are two metals taht haven't got much time that I think will play a more important part in future books.  After all, electrum shows you you're own future, how great would that be??  You could even use it like Atium because you could see if the next move you make leaves you dead or not.  It wouldn't be as effective, but still.  You could also use it to counter atium: see what you're going to do before you do it, and then know what you're enemy thinks you are going to do, and do something else, like what Vin did, only this would be easier.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 02:56:48 PM »
Yeah.  It's too bad EUOL will not touch upon them in book 3.  We are going to have to wait.  That is an interesting theory about Electrum.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 09:14:13 PM »
He's not going to?  Awww, I was hoping he would.  Oh well, he has enough answers that he needs to cram into that book, and gold and electrum don't play much of a part anyway.  Still, it's disappointing.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 07:40:32 PM »
Yeah.  One of his annotations (I believe in book 1 when Vin first learns about gold).  He says that he has been deliberately vague on gold and electrum, and he is saving them for future stories.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 01:51:22 AM »
I thought that meant for future books, oh well, I guess that's that.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier