Author Topic: TWGventure: Master of Monsters  (Read 2017 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: TWGventure: Master of Monsters
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 10:22:45 AM »
There must be a minimum post count required to submit news at enworld, tried to "submit a scoop" for this adventure and got the same blank screen as last time.

That's really annoying.  Oh well, if some one has got the ability to submit news there if you could submit the following (or close to it) it would be appreciated.

"Today The Official Time-Waster's Guide released another free D20 adventure PDF.

Master of the Monster is a 6 page dungeon crawl with multiple endings designed for a group of 9-10 level characters, it uses a random room generator to create the labyrinth your players will explore.  It's the perfect size to place into any adventure when the GM has little time to prepare.

You can download Master of the Monster at http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=1122.
"
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 11:00:59 AM »
Umm one more thing, something I completely didn't notice until now, aren't we supposed to have the D20 graphic somewhere on the PDF in addition to the license?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 11:09:08 AM »
Actually, the D20 graphic isn't a available for non-profit stuff unless it is published by WotC. At least that is how I understood the legal jargon.

Probably, if we wrote WotC we could get the graphic, but that could concievably take a couple of weeks. And there is probably some other stuff that would need to be included in the adventure.

You know, we probably ought to get our resident lawyer to look over this for us.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 11:17:19 AM »
Just doing some checking, pretty sure we would have to go through some red-tape to get the D20 logo. Probably more than what we had to go through to get the super-link logo.

Essential anyone can publish something using the license and the SRDs, but the logo only comes with WotC approval.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 11:22:58 AM »
ok.   Good to know.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 12:38:10 PM »
Whee, my adventure.  Heh, I still laugh at the crying minotaur.  Poor little fella.

So if anyone uses this, they should tell me how it went.  Then maybe I'll improve on making them.  I think Othmar would be pretty challenging.  Heh, I'm sure some brutal DM could get a TPK outta him no prob if they didn't use the toned-down tactics I give.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 03:36:53 AM »
Well I think I got an Enworld news submitted this time, looks like it might be a router issue since it's working for me from work, or at least I'm not getting the white screen of death anymore.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 01:14:56 PM »
Yup, it's up!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 01:22:05 PM »
Well I'm glad it works from work, now I just need to find out why it dosen't work from home.  Got to love Enworld linkage, so far about 30 new downloads this morning.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 01:22:49 PM by Spriggan »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 09:41:48 AM »
well I got a little over 100 downloads yestersay of this pdf, and yes that's a lot of bandwith.  Of course it's not like I ever use my account for anything else.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 12:31:19 PM »
Where can we find all of these little mini adventures that the TWG has published?
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 12:58:03 PM »
http://www.timewastersguide.com/RPG/sortarticles.php?sortby=score&filter=twgventure

We've only got 3 out so far but there are about 3-4 in the pipeline, basically if anyone wants to write one up we create a layout and PDF it