Author Topic: WFRP 2nd  (Read 6382 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: WFRP 2nd
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 07:42:07 AM »
Wait a second here, I thought Green Ronin was going WFRP?  Or was that something else?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 08:11:18 AM »
It's developed and designed by Green Ronin, and published by Black Industries which is a RPG sub-company of Black Library which is a book and novel sub-company of Games Workshop, which is a evil and corruption sub-company of Devil Inc.

:)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 08:17:39 AM »
Oh Hey - Mr P, take a look in the 'warhammer world guide' section of this website, at the map of norsica. Amazingly beautiful :)

http://www.warhammerforever.com/background.asp#60
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2005, 01:35:10 PM »
That's really cool.

Too bad I'll most likely never have use for it since, if I ever run, it'll be nearly strictly based in the Empire.  At least most likely.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 06:30:05 PM »
Our review copies of this just showed up, and I've already read the main book--excellent stuff. I'm glad to see the career system is not only intact but improved. Tell me again why I can only play in one RPG campaign at a time? Oh yeah--life.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 08:19:03 PM »
I finally picked up the Bestiary (absolutely gorgeous!) and got my old Enemy Within campaign modules from home.

Color me ready to play!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 11:17:39 PM »
The Bestiary ranks as the best monster type book in the history of the world. It was a interesting and fun read that, when I got near the end, had a few stats! Purely bonus to my mind.

Of course, a lot of the stuff I already knew from my days as GW fanboy #245236 but still. The Giant section was a particularly good one.

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2005, 11:34:23 PM »
It at least ties with The Monsternomicon as the best monster book ever.  And it does that easily.

And b/t that and stuff I've seen at the game store, part of me wants to start an Ogre Kingdoms army.  I've got enough willpower to stop myself from doing it...but I still want to.

Oh, and Entropy, check out Table Top Games for a conversion project you might be interested in.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2005, 12:41:54 AM »
For some interesting insights on ogre kingdoms, google up 'golden throne webcomic'. Very funny, alternatively bashing and praising GW.

If we are talking about armies, name a warhammer army, apart from ogre kingdoms, chaos (already own, got tired of) and Dark Elves (already own)... chances are I desire such an army. On my list on 'millionare scenario' things to buy is every army, 3000pts, painted by professionals. :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2005, 01:43:19 AM »
The GW army that I have long craved, and crave still, is a Space Marine army composed entirely of scouts. Someday when I'm rich...

Oh, just got through with a preliminary skim of the Bestiary, and I love it. And I love the Character Pack--an incredible character creation summary and a literal pad of chracter sheets. Not too happy about the way the sheet handles skills (there's nowhere for Common Knowledge and Speak Language, which every character has at least two of), but on the whole I'm quite pleased.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 02:14:53 AM »
I skipped the character pack, though I may pick it up since it's the only place to get a good character sheet since all the fan-made ones I've seen are horrible.  I do have the GM pack though.  The adventure included is decent and they've reprinted the sample buildings from the appendix of first edition.  The screen itself is good except for one 'critical' omission of the table used to determine the severity of crits.

You could have an Epic army of scouts if you wish...granted it would be composed of counters, but I'm working on converting the Epic system to hex and counter.  I'm sure you've already read the topic in TTG.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:16:57 AM by Mr_Pleasington »

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 09:38:23 AM »
Actually, I recommend against the character pad. Trust me - you make a starting character, you will fill up almost all the room in Talents, Trappings, and Skills. Try making a character, and giving him 20 advances (should be enough to get halfway through his second career) - then count up how many lines you need for his information. Characters will need far far more room than the sheet provides. I recommend the character sheethere instead. I do, however, find the character pads booklet, with it's section on names, to be useful. When you are putting in 20 npc's names can be a hassle...

With plundered vaults, and the GM screen, i've got a whole bunch of pre-made adventures, so I should be able to slot them into the campaign i've got planned :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2005, 03:39:49 PM »
Yeah, we got Plundered Vaults, which looks cool, and the first book of an enormous campaign called, I think, Ashes over Middenheim, or something like that.

Good tip on the character sheet.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2005, 05:30:27 PM »
WHAT?!?!?!?

You got Ashes of Middenheim???

That's not even out yet.

Fell, is there an extra review copy?  How many jumping jacks would I have to do to get that book from you?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2005, 05:31:07 PM »
You'll have to tell me what ashes is like. I was tempted by it but the fact that it's a 3 parter with the final part out next year makes it unsuitable :(

Oh, and Mr P - I take it you've seen there is a guy updating TEW to fit in with storm of chaos?

Fellfrosch