Author Topic: Resident Evil 4  (Read 3065 times)

n8sumsion

Resident Evil 4
« on: February 04, 2005, 11:13:03 AM »
Has anyone else played this yet? I'm a big fan of the Resident Evil series. I remember playing the first one on the PlayStation, with this fancy new dual-shock controller, and the first time a zombie grabbed me and the controller buzzed in my hand I about shot through the roof. I played through the second one at my desk when I worked at Acclaim. I shared an office with another designer, and I remember something startling me so badly I yelped out loud and slammed the desk with my knee. The other designer didn't say anything, he just peered around his monitor to look at me, smirked, and went back to whatever he was doing.

But after the first two, I just never felt any of the follow-ups in the series were quite as good. I never made it through RE3, I got tired of Nemesis chasing me the whole time. I loved RE:Code Veronica, but I've tried 3 times to play through it and have never gotten to the end. And I have RE:Zero, but have yet to play much of it. And the Outbreaks don't interest me at all.

But Resident Evil 4... wow! It looks amazing. And it's on the GameCube. I just can't stress how great the game looks. And the action is more fast-paced this time around. I never thought I would find farmers armed with pitchforks to be creepy, but there's definitely some stress going on when they're crowding around you. The game has great visuals, a great atmosphere. If I have one complaint, it's that I can't aim while I'm moving. But I think it actually adds to the tension, so I forgive it.

This is definitely one of the current must-have games that are out right now. If you don't have a GameCube, you can wait a few months, it will be out on the PlayStation 2 later in the year. But if you have a GameCube, run out and buy it.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 4
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 02:53:47 PM »
Do you know if they are going to bring it out on any other platforms?
Boogie woogie woogie!!

n8sumsion

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 04:11:21 PM »
Originally it was going to be GameCube only. But Capcom announced they would also be bringing it to the PlayStation 2 later in the year. These are the only platforms that have been officially announced.

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 06:11:12 PM »
Oh man,  I want to play that game!!!  I never thought I would drool for a game, but I need to wipe my chin.  The only thing that sucks is I no longer have a GameCube.  I only have the xbox.  Bad decision I made since I love the Resident Evil series.  I'm considering buying the game and then playing it at a buddy's house who owns a GameCube.

If there is anyone who would be afraid of farmers and their farming implements it would be Castro, since his 10th Level Paladin met his Maker and the hands of a farmer...  :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 06:24:39 PM by MoreDew »
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

Mastershake1512

• Level 1
  • U WANNA SHAKE I'LL TAKE IT TO YA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 05:19:40 PM »
Yea it is a very good game I haved played and beat all of the RE games and I have to say they were all good...but Outbreaks really just annoy me but a true RE fan plays them all...even if they do getr annoying. The new one for gmaecube I have just beaten in 2hrs 34min and 53 sec (yes I time it) Its a new record and it really was a good game I mean the graphics!!!!! The only thing I didn't like was the whole "bringing the pres girl to an island....come on way to carry on the story line for 2 long! But all in all I give it a 4 out of 5!

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 07:48:05 PM »
Well, I may have to pick this game up if they are going to bring it out on PS2.  It looks sweet, but there is no way I will by another system for it.  No matter how big a zombie fan I am.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 07:52:53 PM »
Here in the UK, a gamecube costs £40. A gamecube game costs £50.

This amuses me.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 11:57:50 PM »
It's gamecube game only Nicadymus, Capcom has only released thier new RE games on it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

n8sumsion

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 10:30:46 AM »
The RE: Outbreak games have been coming out on the PS2. I don't think there are any plans to release those on the GameCube.

Again, while RE4 is currently only available on the GameCube, it will be released later in the year on the PS2.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 12:27:19 PM »
I am confused!  n8, do you have a link to verify, or is this knowledge a professional courtesy that you get due to your involvement in the underground gaming market... [note of sarcasm for those who missed it]

Wait... I shouldn't have said that on a public forum, huh?

Oh well, looks like I will have to run from those sharks with the friggin lasers on their heads yet again.   ;D
Boogie woogie woogie!!

n8sumsion

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 02:37:32 PM »
It's not insider information, it has been announced through several media outlets. Here's a few links:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/residentevil4/news_6111911.html

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3136055&did=1

Right now the only release date I've seen is simply Q4 2005.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 06:17:25 PM »
Thanks n8.  I will start saving up.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

frylock

• Level 1
  • I never really have anything good to say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 11:38:25 AM »
Simply put, get this game now.  its really that good, trust me.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 12:01:52 PM »
welcome to the boards, Fry! Be sure to read the FAQ and to introduce yourself

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 12:07:03 PM »
I swear, if I see Meatwad on the board next I'm gonna get Dr. Weird in here to make you all BEHOLD!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 12:07:18 PM by Gemm »
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo