Author Topic: These Stupid Titles VIII  (Read 74854 times)

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
Re: These Stupid Titles VIII
« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2009, 05:35:47 PM »
Hehe, I guess.…

Hypothetical question here–can an Absolver Absolve him- or herself? Should an Absolver ever need to Absolve him- or herself?

Also one morehypotheticalquestion here.…if an Expert Street Brawler, say, beat up an Absolver (hypothetical!)…could the Expert Street Brawler then gain absolution from the Absolver he just beat up?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2009, 05:48:55 PM »
I'm not sure about the first one. But I think I already said that if the Absolver needs Absolution, that's when someone gets the bright idea to replace the Absolver. This is when a Mercenary (or someone else, but a Mercenary would be a good choice, since we already have one readily available.....And why the heck am I giving advice to my possible future murderers?!) takes control (not of the Absolving, because if the Mercenary became the Absolver, said Mercenary wouldn't last very long with all the Absolving they'd need to do.....).

And for the second one. Hypothetically, I suppose so. But the Absolver would have to be coherent enough to grant the Absolution, and for some reason, I just don't see an Expert Street Brawler failing to fully beat up a person. Plus, in order for the Absolver to grant full Absolution, they would have to believe that the person is truly asking for Absolution.....And I just can't see an Expert Street Brawler caring that much right after having beaten up a person....

And anyway, a person would have to be AWFULLY low to beat up a man (or woman) of God.....Stupid hypothetical situations....::)

EDIT: And I'm thinking that if the Expert Street Brawler did that, the Absolver would have to take some precautions to protect herself.....Precautions like hiring a certain Great Mercenary to take of said Expert Street Brawler. Maybe put the man in prison....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:51:20 PM by little_wilson »
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2009, 05:56:58 PM »
But the Absolver would have to be coherent enough to grant the Absolution, and for some reason, I just don't see an Expert Street Brawler failing to fully beat up a person. Plus, in order for the Absolver to grant full Absolution, they would have to believe that the person is truly asking for Absolution.....And I just can't see an Expert Street Brawler caring that much right after having beaten up a person....
But coherence can be obtained while still not being quite in the right mind…so they probably would think they're still in their stalls or whatever and this is just a normal Absolution…assuming, of course, that the Expert Street Brawler deserves his title and is as thorough as his title suggests…. 8) And you say someone would have to be very low to beat up a man/woman of God…in response to that, well, I am rather close to the ground.… 8)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2009, 06:09:07 PM »
well, I am rather close to the ground.… 8)

Probably no closer than me....

And when I said 'coherent' what I meant is that the Absolver needs to know who they're talking to, and what they're talking about, in order to truly grant Absolution....If the Absolver doesn't, I don't think the Absolution (if granted) counts, and therefore not only are the previous sins of the person (in this case, the Expert Street Brawler) still on that person's head, but so are the sins of confusing an Absolver....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »
I am officially confused.

And aside from being officially confused, I am now also in jail. Which sucks. Major.

Now how am I going to gain Absolution for my sins?? Not that I have any.… :P 8) ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:59:26 PM by Shaggy »
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2009, 08:14:27 PM »
First of all, I don't think you would have to worry about the mercenary taking a hit contract on you. He may take the contract but that doesn't mean he would follow threw with it. I know we mercenaries have a code of conduct but I wouldn't be breaking it if I just killed the person who took out the contract. That way I would get paid and I could rip up the contract.

I guess being a friend to a mercenary has its benefits. I mean I need to have an absolver around for all the sins I committ. Just because I committ sins doesn't mean I don't seek absolution for them. I know this statement may hurt my business but I think I will survive. Oh and Shaggy, if your looking for a street brawl I could always loose my weapons for a while and give it a go. I was quite the Street Brawler in my day. So much so that I ended up in prison so you should be careful.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2009, 08:36:43 PM »
But did the fact that you ended up in prison prove you were a good street brawler, or that you got whooped and woke up in prison?  I now have a new fear that whatever scared me is going to scare Cthulhu any day now.......
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 16, 2009, 09:09:18 PM »
Under normal circumstances, Monsta, I would love to. But I, too, have been taken in, and I already used my one call to order some better food in. I think it was Chinese. Maybe Japanese. Not quite sure.  :P
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 16, 2009, 10:50:40 PM »
Well then you can just wait until you get out of there and then we can mix it up a little bit. It might be a while but im not going anywhere.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 16, 2009, 11:16:46 PM »
Haha sure…as soon as I get out. Or break out. Or whatever.  :P
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2009, 12:42:36 AM »
But did the fact that you ended up in prison prove you were a good street brawler, or that you got whooped and woke up in prison?  I now have a new fear that whatever scared me is going to scare Cthulhu any day now.......

Would I still be scared if I knew before hand I was going to be scared?  :o

Dount Cooku

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2009, 12:45:33 AM »
I'll admit, it is surprising to see an Overlord be Repentant, but I'm not one to turn anyone away who is in need of some absolving. Therefore come, my repentant child. Confess whatever Overlordish sins you may have committed.

Er, maybe in a bit.  I'm still quite new to this whole Repentant Overlord thing.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2009, 01:32:14 AM »
Don't take too long adjusting, Cooku. Someone might betray you and then you'll be hurting even more inside.

And Shaggy, I warned you prison was calling....
Quote from: little_wilson
And I'm thinking that if the Expert Street Brawler did that, the Absolver would have to take some precautions to protect herself.....Precautions like hiring a certain Great Mercenary to take of said Expert Street Brawler. Maybe put the man in prison....

And Monsta, thank you. I always knew it would be good to be friends with a mercenary. Now I know why. ;)

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2009, 02:04:47 AM »
I should have listened. But alas, it was not to be!!!  :'( Lol now I just gotta make lots of posts to get out of jail :D
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2009, 03:00:54 AM »
Um....I wouldn't recommend that. You run a very good chance of trolling, which you've already bordered on doing in the past, and I don't think you'd like it if you got banned.