Author Topic: More work related rantage  (Read 4143 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
More work related rantage
« on: November 21, 2003, 08:00:13 PM »
BY the way, I think I say 2 bad words in this rant, so if you don't want to see that, don't read:

There, those who are still with me. THis is very negative. If you don't want me to bring you down, stop reading.

Ok, i'm saying this here because it won't affect my everyday life if you guys think I'm a shmuck. Heck, half of you already do.

I got to work, barely had a chance to sample the catered Thanksgiving lunch the company provided (in lieu of free pizza day) before my wife calls, in tears, frustrated with the girls and tells me she needs me to go home.
Note: THIS part did NOT bother me. That's my job, right? I'm a father, so I go home to help the woman I love and watch my progeny.

Then I get a call from work, asking me to come back in to help cover the night shift, because they didn't plan ahead and during a week they knew was busy they gave someone the whole week off. So, frustrated, I come back in.

To find that my coworker has stolen my cookies. Yes, stolen. He was even offering them to other people.

Yeah, it's just some cookies, but a) i feel violated and b) i didn't get dinner, and those cookies were pretty much all I had to eat this evening. So I'm trying to avoid yelling at my coworker so I can tell him what a massive prick he is, so you get to hear it.

Also, the chick who distributes mail assignments ALWAYS LEAVES A PILE OF IT EVEN WHEN I"M NOT HERE!
I mean, if I hadn't come back in, I'd have found mail that SHE was supposed to make sure was taken care of sitting on my desk at noon on Monday. It pisses me off.

So, ignore if you like. I just need to get that out because I'm mad as hell and yelling at my co-workers is just going to make me look like a dork and make the next 7 working days (but no one's counting) a pain in the ass.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 08:01:31 PM by SaintEhlers »

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Re: More work related rantage
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 08:04:34 PM »
Stealing cookies is a capital offense.  I will help your ninjas to slay him.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 08:29:08 PM »
Mad Dr. Jeffe has already poisoned said cookies so I wouldn't worry too much!...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 09:59:26 PM »
I feel your pain SE, I really do. Damnable cookie monsters...

heh... cookie monsters... hehehhe, its funny, really.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 10:06:53 PM »
Man, that is really bad. You do not take someones cookies! As someone who frequently finds himself living off the same food source, I can feel your pain.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 12:08:27 PM »
Send your coworker to me when fuzzy and the ninjas are finished with him. I shall use him as a guninea pig for my thunderbolt powers. I have yet to get the voltage right
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 09:29:13 PM »
It's not the voltage you have to worry about, since any amount greater than 0 will cause some pain. It's more the current, since with too much, you can stop someones heart inappropriately. The hard bit, then is getting as high a voltage as possible without getting a high enough current to actually kill them. That'll cause the most discomfort.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 10:08:56 AM »
Ok, now for my story about the run-in with electricity.

I was plugging in two extension cords, you know the varient the big orange one's that your father has. So I was plugging two in, and one was already plugged into a socket. So I see's that the one end has a bit of a curve to it. So being exquistitly smart at the time, I use my finger to bend it into the other ones socket. Then suddenly I just feel a large ZAP and drop the cords, shaking my hand as I can feel my finger tingling. Oh how fun that was. I found it exhilarting. So if anyone wants to zap me, MoD wink wink nudge nudge, go for it. javascript:grin()
javascript:grin()
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 12:12:41 PM »
/me lights Gemm on fire

Thanks Jam. That information will save me hours of experimentation.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy