Author Topic: A quick question  (Read 3406 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: A quick question
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2005, 03:56:38 AM »
Editing makes me daydream, but it's focused daydreaming, having to do with what I'm working on. Except when I get bored or distracted by something in my personal life, then I daydream (or ruminate, rather).
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2005, 07:40:57 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what I do but I collect a paycheck every month and I'm pretty sure it's not allowance, probably because my parents don't give allowance. Also I spend my days in a strangley lucid daze...

So your job is being a lab rat for experimental drugs?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2005, 11:25:25 PM »
Being out in nature tends to make me daydream of Fantasy-ish stuff.  Like seeing the mountains in Provo, or hiking through the interior of Tahiti.  Things like that.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 04:29:04 PM »

So your job is being a lab rat for experimental drugs?

well I do ussually end up as the test subject for my mothers new theories on how certain chemicle compounds can improve/ impede brain function... I'm actually serious this time, I've taken all sorts of things because my mom wants to know "what's this gonna do?"
eg: concerta, ritalin, welbutrin, seratonin, Dhea, melatonin, methylphendidate,zinc, BGH... etc.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 07:57:47 PM »
Anything in theater.  In theater the possibilities are endless.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2005, 08:02:48 PM »
Being bored.  Not just bored for a little while cause you're not doing any work, but being really bored.  The kind of bored that can't be achieved after children.  The kind where you have nothing pressing to do, nothing coming up, and no plans for the immediate future.  It also helps when nothing is on TV and you're sick and tired of playing video games.

That's when you're mind really starts wondering.  Of course, it takes much too much work to get yourself to that position.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2005, 11:33:13 PM »
Actually, I find the worst kind of bored is the boredom that occurs when you DO have something pressing to do, like a report on Walden, or a lawn to mow within a certain time limit.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 03:05:31 AM »
see I never ever get bored because I'm always too busy being me, IE the weirdest thing since weirdman drove his weirdmobile to weirdville and stayed at the weirdison inn and then had the weird continental breakfast... his eggs were a little weird, but then again all hotel eggs are kinda skeazy.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Firemeboy

• Level 14
  • Spoooon!
    • View Profile
    • Chickens Don't Have Armpits
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 06:29:23 PM »
I wrote a short story one time about a 'magician' who was battling an evil wizard.   The wizard was trying to cast spells on the protagonist, and he was parrying and countering with spells and actions of his own.

In the end, he decides to 'channel' and ask a wizard even greater than he.  The story then flips to a guy calling tech support.  He describes the problems he is having (which correspond to the 'spells' the evil wizard was casting) and what he was doing to try to fix it (which again correspond to his actions).   The tech support guy helps our poor and (we now realize) somewhat moronic protagonist, and he is able to defeat the evil wizard (gets his computer to reboot).

Anyway, sometimes I think those that use technology anthropomorphize the technology they use as friends and foes.   Their laptop is their sidekick, their PDA is a superhero tool...  etc. etc.

Just my random thoughts.
Licensed to dispense PEZ in 28 states.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2005, 08:17:20 PM »
I wrote a whole paper on "science as magic" for my Science and Literature class.