Author Topic: article: Gaming Chef #5  (Read 1301 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: article: Gaming Chef #5
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 05:50:59 PM »
haha. Jolly good stuff. But who knew that SE was a geek a la Martha Stewart? Land sakes, that's a whole lotta directions for "some really simple foods" but they're certainly fun just to read (let alone attempt to make).

Personally, my absolute favorite part of the entire article was SE's brilliantly insightful definition of boiling: "Boiling is when lots of big bubbles keep coming."

Astounding! Commendable! I tip me cup o' wassail to ye, in fact. Come to think of it, I'll bet SE could make a first-rate TWG glossary of cooking terms for use by female geeks who need year-round help.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 09:03:12 AM »
Jeffe would be better at that, actually. He wrote the first 4 gaming chef articles. (go to the "other" category, then click on the "Gaming Chef" article at the top). THis is just what I whipped up for the office party, and since we were shy on content, I spewed forth the directions.

The are actually rather simple, if I wrote it as a recipe instead of a narration, it'd be something like:

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter
1 cup chopped or crushed walnuts
1 cup coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Layer the bottom of a 9x9 pan with the graham cracker and pour melted butter on it. Layer the walnuts, coconut, and chocolate chips. Pour milk over all. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.

But I thought my way was more interesting.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 04:39:48 PM »
It was.  That article was really fun to read.  I might even try to make the dish concerned.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 11:11:09 PM »
Yeah, reading the ample instructions were fun.
By the way, is that "Other" category under "Articles"?

Edit: Um, never mind. I found the link.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 11:57:40 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT