Local Authors > Reading Excuses

Progress and Submission Reports

<< < (3/65) > >>

Renoard:
My speculative fiction Novel is 132,563 words (mechanical word count) or 729,308 characters and it's only abut 60% done.  Every time I finish a chapter, it seems like it demands two new ones not in my original outline.  It's kind of like the math proverb:
"How do you exit a room?" 
"You aim for he door and keep cutting the distance to the door in half."
"Then it's impossible to leave the room."
"Why?"
"Because the distance to the door is infinitely divisible by 2."

Silk:
Heh. Tell me about it.

I'm now at 119,957 words.

Apply nose firmly to grindstone...

Flo_the_G:
I can dimly recall myself announcing that I'd soon be joining the list of submitters two months or so ago... we-ell, since then I've managed to outline the first act (of three, I hope). Thankfully, that wasn't all I spent those two months on (or rather: I spent next to no time at all being in any way productive in that time), but it'll be at least June before I'll be submitting a prologue. My personal deadline is sometime before my birthday, which is in July, and I'm fairly confident that that's realistic. It has to be, seeing as you'd all be laughing at me if I needed until August. ;)

Anyway, I'm not writing a single word until my plot outline is done. Doing that has never worked before, tempting as it may be.

So if you're having self-doubts because you think you're writing too little, simply think of me, my endless pages of fluff, my third of an outline, and my zero-word manuscript. 8)

Silk:
I knocked down a little over 3k yesterday to end up with a word count of 144,387.

Getting so close.

Renoard:
If I could I'd trip you.  You're pulling way ahead of me. Silk. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version