Author Topic: The Lord Ruler *SPOILERS*  (Read 1920 times)

MistbornINQ

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
The Lord Ruler *SPOILERS*
« on: May 28, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »
Sad to say, when I first read Mistborn: The Final Empire, I did not pay too close attention to the Lord Ruler's actual looks. And I would really just like to know. What the heck did this man look like? Because what I see in my mind is probably not what he was described like.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:06:14 AM by MistbornINQ »

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: The Lord Ruler
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:18:50 PM »
From what I remember, he wears both white and black, to symbolize that he represents everything. He does wear bracers and rings, and I think he wears a suit not unlike the nobles. I seem to recall that he is tall with dark hair, and his accent is peculiar :D

I'll verify this with my copy of Final Empire today and get back to you.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »
I know he 'turns' into an old man later in the book. I think Chaos pretty much has it.
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

MistbornINQ

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 08:25:31 PM »
I think so too. Chaos, you seem pretty dead on. But for some reason I always pictured him bald, and always bare chested. Like the main character from the video game God of War.

Haha.

Shard

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 09:00:02 PM »
I imagined him bald as well, don't why really. Also well muscled *nod*
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
Well, I would assume he could store Strength and just tap it later, making him appear muscled (MistbornINQ, maybe you want to a put a spoiler tag in the topic title for the people who haven't read Mistborn yet).

I think so too. Chaos, you seem pretty dead on. But for some reason I always pictured him bald, and always bare chested. Like the main character from the video game God of War.

Haha.

Hahaha. No, I think he keeps his clothes on :P Though I will check if he does indeed have hair. We really shouldn't rely on my memory, because I tend to miss key details like that.

I plan to look in Final Empire and look at the part where the Lord Ruler appears for the first time. That's probably the best image you'd want for him, as I'd imagine that's his "public" appearance. The buff and well-dressed one :D. I may even just quote the paragraphs and paste them here.

But first, it's writing time for me :D

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »
I think somewhere when we first see him in the square they describe him with black hair I think.

Edit: I found the palce in the book. Here it is:

He was dressed in a black and white uniform somewhat like a noblemens suit, but far more exaggerated. The coat reached all the way to his feet, and trailed behind him as he walked. His vest wasn't colored, but a pure balck, though it was accented with brilliant white markings. As Vin had heard, his fingers glittered with rings, the symbol of his power.
     I'm so much stronger than you, the rings proclaimed, that it doesn't mater if I wear metal.     Handsome, with jet balck hair and pale skin, the Lord Ruler was tall thin and confident. And he was young-younger than Vin would have expected.

There you go!!     
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:57:20 PM by Bastille »
Nothing gold can stay.

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 10:11:05 PM »
Don't forget about the bracelets that were pierced through his arm. Those are the most important thing he had. They stored his youth and he died quickly without them.

From rereading the book, Vin described him as looking like a young man, extremely muscled, with hair lol.
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

MistbornINQ

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 10:46:56 PM »
You guys are awesome!!! Thank you everyone! So much!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 10:50:15 PM »
I think somewhere when we first see him in the square they describe him with black hair I think.

Edit: I found the palce in the book. Here it is:

He was dressed in a black and white uniform somewhat like a noblemens suit, but far more exaggerated. The coat reached all the way to his feet, and trailed behind him as he walked. His vest wasn't colored, but a pure balck, though it was accented with brilliant white markings. As Vin had heard, his fingers glittered with rings, the symbol of his power.
     I'm so much stronger than you, the rings proclaimed, that it doesn't mater if I wear metal.     Handsome, with jet balck hair and pale skin, the Lord Ruler was tall thin and confident. And he was young-younger than Vin would have expected.

There you go!!     

Great job, Bastille :D Now I don't have to search in the books myself! Many thanks!

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
Re: The Lord Ruler *SPOILERS*
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 01:55:38 AM »
No problem!!!  ;D :D
Nothing gold can stay.