Author Topic: Which is better? - - - -  (Read 6109 times)

kimra

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Which is better? - - - -
« on: January 19, 2007, 09:28:26 AM »
 ;D Crunchy Cheetos or Puffy Cheetos?  and why?  I'm just curious to see what kinds of answers this question will provoke......

Personally, i am partial to crunchy, simply because it seems to me that there is more surface area for the cheese to stick too, therefore providing a lot more flavor to my taste buds, which i enjoy :)  I believe there are too many holes that the cheese bypasses in the puffy cheetos, which makes for not as much cheese on the puff.....but this is only my opinion...hahaaa!  what do you think?

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Which is better? - - - -
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:48:47 PM »
I'm a fan of crunchy. Because I had them first, I enjoy chowing htem more, I feel like I'm eating less air, and also because of this

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 01:56:02 PM »
I like them both, mixed together with Doritos and Chex Mix and shaken with some tabasco sauce.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:44:50 PM »
I prefer un-styrofoamlike foods, so I am partial to the crunchy kind. Yum.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 06:47:39 PM »
Crunchy by far.  The puffy ones quickly deteriorate to a sticky mass of gelatinous goo in my mouth that loves to bind to every surface of my mouth (but mostly to the ridged roof of it) and between the cracks of my teeth, which results in me having to spend copious amounts of time scrubbing it off with my tongue afterwards.  My poor tongue frequently comes out on the other side of said copious amounts of time feeling very sore and unappreciated.  Additionally, this residual mass that must be forced from between my teeth and out of the dark nether corners of my mouth is never as tasty once removed, as the cheese flavor has already flown the coop during the first two seconds of salivatory breakdown, and has been replaced by the bitter and all too familiar taste of tooth plaque.  So, when given a choice, I will always sway towards the bag of crunchies.  If, however, there is not... I have been known on occasion to overlook the aforementioned attrocities of puffy Cheetos for the chance to ingest some of their entirely too addictive cheesiness.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:25:50 PM by dan_gaidin »
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 07:24:51 PM »
wow. That was very... graphic.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:11:57 PM »
ROFLMBO

I will go against the grain and say puffy because it fills my mouth with cheesy goodness, and the gooies do not bother me. But, I mean really, why have cheetoes when you can have chocolate? My new favorite confection? Caramel apples with pecans and chocolate from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. The tasty tartness of a granny smith apple rolled in caramel, chocolate and nuts. Delish.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »
Nessa, whaddaya doing wasting time on the boards? Don't you have a fancy Mexican cruise to get ready for?? Andale, andale, chica!

(color me un poquito jealous!)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

WriterDan

• Level 11
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 09:39:24 PM »
Does jealous really come in purple?

Oh, and those apples are to die for.  I'll keep my comments about those to myself though.  :)

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 10:33:59 PM »
green was taken over by spanish lust. The new green is purple. Thus purple is the color of jealousy.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 12:28:17 AM »
Apples? Who mentioned apples?

I think jealously is multi-colored. Chameleon-like, even. yeah.
--Spriggan

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 06:25:08 AM »
First, let me answer the Cheeto question. Crunchy, because they are yummier ;) And much less gooey and icky afterward.

Secondly, where do you get the apples??? I have to have one, they sound like my kind of fruit :D

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 05:09:26 AM »
A few years ago my response to this question would be outright hostility as to any of you even being able to like cheetos, however, since then I too have fallen prey to the vile concoction known as flaming hot cheetos. I find myself unable to bear the thought that I am eating my old childhood nemesis, while at the same time unresisting to the spicy goodness of them. They taste and feel so wrong, but one cannot deny them for long.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

WriterDan

• Level 11
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 06:20:42 PM »
Nessa brought on the topic of apples.

My new favorite confection? Caramel apples with pecans and chocolate from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.

This is the only place near to Utah County that I've actually seen them.  Usually you can only find them in specialty candy stores.  My last one came from South Carolina whilst on a trip for school.    The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is out at the Riverwoods, near the Wynnsong theater.  Plan on spending a bundle for one (last one I bought cost me about six bucks -- yeah, for one)... but wow.

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 06:42:46 PM »
Thank you for the information Dan. I appreciate it, even if I am not sure if I will ever make it to where those delightful apples are :( I am sadly in Washington state, and before you ask , yes we have all kind of apple here. But none of them sound as yummy as the caramel with chocolate and nuts. I haven't ever found anywhere local that does that kind of apple fixing.