Author Topic: SUSQ2: Hell's QUarry  (Read 1374 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: SUSQ2: Hell's Quarry
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 05:06:28 PM »
This one is longer then the first SUSQ but we're trying out a new system that has some ways to make the adventure more challenging.  Let us know what you all think.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: SUSQ2: Hell's QUarry
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 09:11:52 PM »
Huh.  Would we be interested in:
a) People submitting adventures for non-d20 systems?
b) Somone taking SUSQ (etc.) adventures and converting them to non-d20 systems?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 09:19:23 PM »
a) yes
b) maybe, we would rather just have an original adventure rather than a conversion.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 09:26:33 PM »
a) We've actually already got non-d20 TWGventures though they're harder to make adventure for due to a lack of a free license like D20.  However we have no problem contacting publishers for permission.

b)I agree, there's no reason to convert SUSQ since it's supposed to be a d20 line.  Plus it would probaly be more effort to convert them then to make a new adventure.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 09:27:27 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 09:35:56 PM »
Admitably, we are gravitating towards D20 adventures because the licensing is easy, and it is kind of the juggernaut of the roleplaying world.

But we have nothing against non-D20 adventures, just be sure that the company won't come after us.

Back on topic, this adventure looks pretty good. I kind of want to try out the scalability option to see how well it works.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 03:20:56 AM »
Okay.  For me, it would be easier to do conversions.  =þ

While GW is known for being annoying with C&Ds, they've generally let the RPG community run amok so long as they didn't post anything directly out of the books (posting published maps is a big no-no.  However, making your own map of the same and putting it online is perfectly okay.)

The Bretonnia Project was a huge venture that's a good example of what GW will let you get away with.  Tons of info on Bretonnia (all based on 3rd ed. fluff), maps, adventures, the whole nine yards.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 11:01:07 PM »
just when you plan to convert something, let me know which company owns the system you're converting too. We're just really picky about making sure our backside's covered. If they're as easy going as you say, an email or a phone call should have the whole thing settled.

Atlas Games, for example, was really nice about playing ball. They sent me a fax very quickly that said explicitly they were good with it. I don't *have* to have something formal like that, but I do like to at least get a nod unless it's a right very widely publicized.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 12:00:10 AM »
Lets move this over to the TWGventure discussion thread and leave this one for comments on the actual adventure itself.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 12:02:22 AM by Spriggan »