Author Topic: Grumpy things go here  (Read 30038 times)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Re: Grumpy things go here
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2005, 11:49:10 AM »
REALLY do not want to go back to work today.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2005, 11:55:02 PM »
Yet again, the moving company proves their unreliability. The driver said he'd be here about 6. It is now 8, and he hasn't even called to let me know he's crossed the mountains yet. Seriously, how long does it take to drive from Yakima to Seattle? And he won't answer his phone. So I missed FHE--a very good one--to sit around waiting for the phone to ring.  >:(
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2005, 02:27:05 AM »
I'm grumpy because our AC is broken and it's quite warm.

This also means I won't be able to sleep with my feather comforter. Usually my roommates keep it so cold that I can use it with no problem. You know how you get into a sleep pattern? I like having my comforter because it makes me feel like I'm on a cloud. Soooooo nice. Instead of happy cloud-sleeping, I'll be suffering like in a sauna. No comfortable fluffiness for me.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Master Gopher

• Level 11
  • I do not disguise my nerdiness.
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
« Reply #198 on: June 21, 2005, 06:14:43 AM »
A big hug to all grumpy people, because I'm feeling a little better today.
No, I take it back, I feel worse.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2005, 09:25:17 AM »
I'm grumpy because my head hurts. Again/still.

I may leave early.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2005, 02:33:48 PM »
So...hot...
Must...go...to...swimming...pool...before...I...melt...
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Rican

• Level 5
  • What the hell am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2005, 07:45:52 PM »
I'm grumpy because of women and one of my follow co-workers he is a tool that needs better taste in music.  How many under 21 listen to old folks musice. When I say old fart music I mean grand parents  music

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2005, 11:12:44 PM »
So...hot...
Must...go...to...swimming...pool...before...I...melt...

I will sympathize with you and point out that I have gotten sick once again and have a fever and therefore keep switching back and forth between being freezing cold with chills and burning up. It rocks!  Not.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2005, 11:48:35 AM »
I'm grumpy, well actually just slightly miffed, that the New Mission President for my little brother's mission in Sweden stayed at the Marriot and not the Cottontree during MTC training. Thus I didn't get to meet him and politely and kindly tell him to "be nice to my little brother or his five big brothers will impoverize, demoralize, and impale you."

Oh well, I'll just have to be content with that call to my uncle, the director of new mission president training, about mission presidents engaging in late night disorderly conduct.

Got to keep those mission presidents inline lest they do something rebellious like wear flashy ties, or something.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2005, 03:12:34 PM »
Can you find out if there is one near here, so I can go laugh at him sending religious deputations to yorkshire?
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2005, 01:03:33 AM »
My dad gave me a Mac Mini because my other computer sucked. I'm trying to get things set up, so I went out and bought a printer yesterday. An hp. I set it up, plugged it in, initialized it, and tried to install it. Nothing. The computer wasn't seeing it as a printer. So I tried a few things and couldn't get it to work.

So I went to bed.

Today, I decided on a more direct route: I called hp tech support. Yes, it's plugged in. Yes, it's on. Yes, it's plugged in the USB port. No, it's still not working. We tried a few other things and nothing worked. The problem turned out to be either the USB port on the printer or the cable. So I took it back to Sam's Club and exchanged it for a Lexmark. I set it up, put the paper in, put in the ink cartridges, printed out a test page, and went to install it. I put in the installation disk. The only problem (and one that's not printed on the box): there are no drivers for OS X for this particular model. Not only is this fact not printed on the box, but it's also not printed on any of the materials that come with the printer. I had to go online and look for the drivers, and only when I saw a list of Lexmark printers that are supported by OS X (and my new printer was missing from the list) did I realize that I'm at strike two. So tomorrow it's once again back to the store to get another printer.

Oh, and to make life even better, apparently my dad didn't have Word on this mini, and I need to spend $250 to buy Office for Mac. This creates all kinds of cross-platform problems, and defeats the main purpose of my computer--word processing. Ya know. 'Cause when you write, you kinda need some kind of word processing program.

Grr.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2005, 01:43:54 AM »
Yo.  I'm one hundred percent sure that there are free word pocessors out there for Macs and that they'll save to .rtf format, which can be read by pretty much any program.  So, before you drop 250, look for one.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2005, 02:34:22 AM »
I have to 60 hours a week this summer...
and not a single part of my job does not require constant walking...
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2005, 02:43:41 AM »
is it a Lexmark Z715 Color Printer thats the only one I could find on Sams Club's website? There are osx drivers for that... you have to go to the printer page to find them and not their list of compatible printers which is retarded the drive is here http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:441:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=1197

Old One your mini comes with appleworks for mac which is a word processor that is compatible with word.

I used Appleworks for a long time before I got iLife and it works great.

iLife ?05 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, GarageBand), Mail, Dashboard, Spotlight, iChat, Safari, Sherlock, QuickTime, iSync, iCal, DVD Player, Address Book, AppleWorks, iWork (30-day trial), Classic environment, Quicken 2005 for Macintosh, 2005 World Book Multimedia Reference Suite, Nanosaur 2, Marble Blast Gold, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, Zinio Reader, XCode Developer Tools and Apple Hardware Test
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 03:01:48 AM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2005, 05:36:35 PM »
I'm grumpy because I just dislocated my knee about a minute ago. I managed to set the patella back in place, but now my knee really, really hurts and need to take a pain killer. Hopefully is won't swell up.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.