Author Topic: The Morrow Project  (Read 1243 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
The Morrow Project
« on: July 24, 2003, 10:16:01 AM »
I jut bought this cool retro game (a forerunner to twilight 2000) from Timeline inc. Apparently this game has continued to be published in ultra small print runs since 1980.  The best part of the whole thing is the damage system. Based off of e-factor or efficency of a projectile factor a forumla is applied to a projectile (Dia.xV)/50 or Diameter of the projectile times the  velocity in feet per second= the Efficency of the projectile and the approximate penetration in inches the projectile will make into flesh.  

Why I think thats cool, as long as its a projectile you can figure out the damage of a slingshot or a .50 caliber bullet quickly, allowing me to add hundreds of guns and projectiles to the game.
Its brutal and I like it , even one point of damage in the wrong place can kill, maim or knock a player unconcious (wound shock).
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: The Morrow Project
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 08:27:13 PM »
Why I think thats cool, as long as its a projectile you can figure out the damage of a slingshot or a .50 caliber bullet quickly, allowing me to add hundreds of guns and projectiles to the game.

This coming from the man who claimed 2 weeks ago that he only needed a single stat for any and all rifles...
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: The Morrow Project
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 08:34:26 PM »
I seem to recall only saying most hanguns did about the same amount of damage, not rifles but ok I run with it. For the most part bullets do just about the same type of damage equivelent to the mass and velocity of the projectile. Projectiles with to high a velocity and too little mass tend to pass through human targets while those with low velocity and high mass tend to wreck havoc with someones innards. The trauma cause by both wounds is roughly similar and in 90% of all RPGs could be represented by the same damage statistic. In other words the way damage is dealt with in most RPG's gun effectivly have no difference.  Obviously a Barrett lite 50 is going to do more damage to a person than a .22. The 50 cal has a greater ability to amputate body parts and do trauma to blood vessels. But a .50 caliber round is also huge almost 3 times the size of a 5.56 Nato (.223 Remington) round.  Just becuse it does more immediate trauma however does not mean that it does less damage. That same .50 caliber round will go in one side and out the other due to its high mass and velocity while a .22 caliber will go in and not have enough mass or velocity to go out. Wounds to the chest with either round will almost certainly damage a vital organ or hit a major blood vessel, a sucking chest wound is by far the most likely result and any or all of thouse results would probably take a man out of combat. The main difference between the two wounds would be that in the case of the .22 doctors would have to operate to get the bullet out. Whens the last time you had and ER make an appearence in a RPG. The Morrow project deals with GSW in a very realistic sense a bullet may clip an artery or cause the GSW victim to pass out from shock an E factor of 15 + means that the bullet passes through an unarmored target bleeding becomes a real priority and instant death is very very possible.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 10:01:29 AM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!