Author Topic: Fvlminata  (Read 1254 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Fvlminata
« on: May 04, 2004, 06:33:05 AM »
umm I thought I should point out, accorting to the website you can still buy it at Wizards-attic,  it isn't out of busness appently RPGnet owns them now.  Might want to update at lest that it is still buyable to the reveiw.  They also have the dice for sell there.  
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT88453/sc.2/category.93/.f/

And the D20 PDF version comes out this June.
http://www.adamantentertainment.com/fvlminata_d20.html
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 06:47:56 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Fvlminata
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 07:02:12 AM »
Also thought you might enjoy seeing this quote from RPG.net on the 20th of april:
Well, I'm all moved in and back on-line. I've found my inventory of books and tali dice, so I'll be ready to roll soon. I'll be contacting everyone who expressed an interest in purchasing FVLMINATA materials.

I have also begun final editing of the Insulae Britannicae materials. I'm a little rusty after such a long hiatus, but I'm getting back into the Roman state of mind in order to present well-written and well-researched material for gaming goodness.

www.FVLMINATA.com
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 07:41:00 AM »
mm..... Romano-British gaming material. That is gaming goodness.

I'll add an "editor's note"

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 09:32:56 AM »
Im going to have you guys post this on principle...

The FVLMINATA website has been unchanged for almost 2 years. The game is out of print. Wizards Attic is responsible for single handedly killing off this game because they refused to pay the game company revenues for items sold. Supposedly they still have a few books availible, but there have been numerous complaints at RPG.net about being charged for games and never recieving them. DO NOT BUY GAMES FROM WIZARDS ATTIC.

There will be a D20 version coming out this summer from Adament, but since it was supposed to have come out in febuary that target date isnt too firm.
Your best bet, is Ebay, ortracking down the author (he has a couple of boxes of stock returned by distributors, including a few Tali dice)
How do you find him,... he's a poster on RPG.net so I'll get the address and give it to you.

But I cant be firm enough on this point, beware giving money to Wizards Attic.

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 09:36:13 AM »
This  is the story and a quick quote from the head of Adament who has the rights now in case you dont want to read the thread...

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?s=6e59e743c848ac09b27de447fb9d6ed1&threadid=94751&highlight=FVLMINATA

The answer is: I'm not sure.

Thyrsus was pretty much torpedoed by the collapse of Wizard's Attic, whom they were using for fulfillment. Thyrsus sold almost the entire run of FVLMINATA, but didn't see a penny of it. That's a lot of money...and certainly more than a small publisher can afford to do without.

My company (Adamant Entertainment) is doing a D20 adaptation of FVLMINATA, which will be released as a PDF soon (It was delayed because I wanted to update it to 3.5)--I'm hoping for early next month.

Depending on the success of that release, Jason Roberts (the owner of Thyrsus) has talked about releasing dual-statted FVLMINATA pdfs, including the already-written-and-ready-to-go supplement, INSULAE BRITTANICAE.

Additionally, though, Jason transferred to a new corporate job this year, re-locating to New England. I haven't been able to talk to him that much, but when I have, he indicated that his corporate job keeps him insanely busy.

Hence: I'm not sure what's up with Thyrsus.

GMS
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 09:38:07 AM by ElJeffe »

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 09:40:51 AM »
Any who wants to try to get a copy of F. can try emailing Jason Roberts here.

Jason E. Roberts
Creative Director
Thyrsus Games
www.FVLMINATA.com

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 09:48:47 AM »
I don't think we should put that huge rant in the middle of the reveiw, that's not what they are for.  If you want to rant about this then write another article about it, but it should be seperate from the reveiw of the game it's self.  If you want us to remove the link then we will.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 10:24:21 AM »
Definately, but I do think that the reason the game went out of print and that the company folded should be part of it. I dont think thats a rant at all.

You could put,

This game is out of print because of payment disputes between Wizards Attic and Thrysus. Wizards attic is no longer a forbearence company, so the game is no longer availible through them. Limited copies of the game can be purchased from Jason E. Roberts Creative Director Thyrsus Games [email protected]

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 11:17:39 AM »
Well in the end it's SE or Fell's call.  I do think the last statment you posted in your above post to be much better then the rant.

However, this could make a cool artile that would be an expose on the problems with starting your own RPG company or just on the Wizzards attic problems.  By asking around you could easly find more people that got screwed by them.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 12:08:22 PM »
oh there are a lot of things about it on RPG net..
but yeah
its a scoop.