Author Topic: An Explanation  (Read 5245 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
An Explanation
« on: December 22, 2003, 07:28:25 PM »
You've all noticed that I've been all but gone for the past week: articles have been late or missing altogether, I rarely post on the forum, and my submissions to various things such as the Staff Picks and Superhero contest were never assembled or sent. Let me tell you why.

I've spent the past week interviewing and negotiating with a company called Icon Health & Fitness, who were very interested in hiring me as a copywriter. As of today they offered me a job, at an excellent salary (higher than average for Utah writers), and I took it. Huzzah! I'll probably be starting work one week from today.

Of note, this job is in Logan, which for those not familiar with Utah geography is about 2 hours away. Rather than commute, we'll be moving--sometime in January, I hope, but it depends on how quickly we can sell our condo. That won't affect the site itself in any way--now that I can concentrate again, we'll have daily updates as usual--but those of you who live in Provo will see me far less than usual. We'll have to throw a big going away party.

So kill the fatted calf and roll out the barrell. I have a job!
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: An Explanation
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 07:42:53 PM »
/me sacrifices a goat to the glory of Fells new job
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 08:21:32 PM »
Well, that's probably a big relief.  Congratulations!  We won't see you as often, but it's not like you're moving to Virginia or anything...

Of course, my writing group in Salt Lake is still only about an hour away... (Oh, wait.  I said I wouldn't bug you about that any more.  Sorry.)
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 08:22:39 PM »
Congrats on the job, but Logan.....wow...ummm...I wouldn't want to live there.  But on the up side you are more or less on the way to Idaho so I'm sure you could convince Tage and EUOL to come visit you.  And since you have no nerd friends there you wont be needing all the games you get so you can chane TWG's mailing address to mine ;)
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 10:15:11 PM »
Well, that's probably a big relief.  Congratulations!  We won't see you as often, but it's not like you're moving to Virginia or anything...

Yeah, at least you're not... wait....

congrats, Fell. Nice to be in the ranks of the employed again, ain't it?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 12:36:44 AM »
Logan is a nice town. One of my older brothers attended Utah State and loved the area.

My little brother will be living in Logan when he gets back from Sweden in a year and a half. My little brother would love to play warhammer and rpgs with you. He's also a really good babysitter. Course, he is a really silly kind of guy. And you, Fell, are also kind of silly. And that much silliness could possibly cause cosmic catastrophe. Maybe that's why you two have never met.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.