Author Topic: Beat Carls JR, Yak in the Bag hands down  (Read 5911 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Beat Carls JR, Yak in the Bag hands down
« on: September 14, 2003, 03:43:26 PM »
And is why VA is the best....
A review
http://www.fiveguys.com/images/articles/00-11-12.html

I cant tell you much about 5 Guys , except they have one of the best burgers in the world and fries to match. The only other thing I have ever had that comes close is a burger from Cookout in Greenboro NC which had the added advantage that they sold the most burgers a 3am.

5 guys has nothing that takes away from their menu. Storefronts are small, poorly furnished with barely more than a counter and a few tables.  Everything from the loud rock music to the fast burger delivery is designed to get its customers in and out as fast as possible.  Which is why its not uncommon to be 20th in a line streching outside the door and around the side of the building.  This is because 5 guys makes a phenominal burger.  Like pizza in New York their secret has to be their ingrediants which are fresh (the chain uses a little over 5,500 pounds of 80% lean beef weekly) and buns made fresh daily its clear that no other chain restaurant in DC can even come close.  That is if 5 guys stopped at that, but they upped the ante... twice a week huge sacks of potatos are brought in and the small chalkboard is erased and rewritten.  Yeah you heard me, the fries are cut fresh and their origins are revealed to the whole world on a blackboard they could be from a farmer in maine, or Idaho or the Shenenndoh but chances are they werent out of the ground the week before.  The fries are a little soggy, soft and brimming in flavor (they fry them in peanut oil, boardwalk style)  and oh so good. The small portion is huge and the thick steak cut fries are more than a match for any other burger place anywhere....

this article says the rest... watch out burger places everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
http://www.fiveguys.com/images/articles/94-0317.html
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Beat Carls JR, Yak in the Bag hands down
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 12:42:34 PM »
Let's hope it doesn't get blown away in hurricane Isabel.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 02:52:02 PM »
with five locations in the DC area its likely that at least 1 location will survive....

Fortunately with the low overhead they could bounce back in 2 months even with a total loss.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Brian

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wisdom is the Pure Application of Knowledge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 01:48:16 PM »
I ate at 5 guys when I was in the DC area a few years ago. I honestly, truly couldn't see what the big fuss was about. Sure, they had good burgers, but I'd hardly call them the best in the country, or even in the vicinity. I thought they were pretty ordinary as far as good burgers go.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 01:48:45 PM by Brian »