Author Topic: Nightmares and stuff  (Read 13218 times)

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmares and stuff
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2003, 01:25:06 AM »
I have weird dreams/nightmares all the time. Unfortunately for Chris (my husband, for people who don't know), he has to deal with me when I have them...

For example, I dreamed that I was living in a big Southern mansion and had to wear one of those Southern Belle dresses (I HATE dresses...).  Evil pirates attacked and Chris and I were fighting them.  Chris was better off than I was--he had a sword, and I was hampered by the stupid hoop skirts.  One of the evil pirates tried to kiss me, and I was about to deck him as hard as I could when I realized Chris was trying to be sweet and was waking me with a kiss.  He was very lucky that I woke up, because I only missed hitting him because I jerked my arm back at the last moment.

And Megan is my anti-conscience.  She shows up in my dreams a lot.  We've stolen cars together in my dreams (she was the last blonde on earth and we were on a mission for the church to save the world...I told you I have weird dreams!), and when I was married to the wrong person in one nightmare, it was my dream version of Megan who said, "Well, adultery's not *that* bad, Kristy."

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2003, 06:45:50 AM »
Yeah well, sane and happy are not words i would describe myself with.

I tell you, when i go to sleep - blank. Nothing. I just wake up the next morning/afternoon and don't remember anything. Kinda dull really.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2003, 11:29:41 AM »
Freud would have a lot to say about your dreams Brenna...

I wouldn't say people on the board dont dream, rather that they dont remember their dreams. I find that since Im not on my ship, I remember my dreams less. On Legare, sleep was always interrupted, and it was easy to slip from REM to Conciousness back to REM enough times that dreams seeped through into my memory
My wierdest dreams were in Hurricanes or Noreasters, because you can really sleep well when the ship is doing 30-40 degree rolls (imagine your bed swinging 40 degrees up and to the left and then 80 degrees up and to the right) you eventually get to sleep but hover on the edge of REM and light sleep. Vivid, Vivid dreams that I had a lot of interaction with, Sight, Smell, sound, and taste and touch. Spooky.
Nowadays I get good enough sleep that I dont remember my dreams.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2003, 12:53:09 PM »
Yeah, Tek, that happens to me too! Like on Saturday night (I think all this talk about dreams is effecting me too) the antagonist of my dream was getting away and I thought to myself, hey, this is my dream, I'm going to fly! And I did, a la Neverland flying in Kingdom Hearts (which is a lame way to fly imo).

And last night I dreamed that I was a vampire on a yacht and this woman and her two kids were trying to kill me before sunset with a Sharpie. That one was confusing.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2003, 01:30:49 PM »
Thanks Tek, now I'm going to start having nightmares that you forget my katanas...
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2003, 10:14:19 AM »
Now, let me tell you of the dream I had last night (which I'm taking like someone just figured out how to colonize pluto).

There I am, somehow I'm Neo, walking down a street in a neighborhood quite similar to mine. That one guy who protects the Oracle is with me. We stop and across the street we see the Oracle, or what I think is her. I run across and stop at the fence to see that it is indeed the Oracle, but she has those weird spider things on her (you know those small ones from that one part in the movie where Neo is going through the machine city).

Then that chinese guy whistles at me and motions for me to move and get out of there. So now were running away from something, but just before we leave I see the Oracle running around comically with those Spiders on her, and she seems almost cinical. So now me and chinese guy are going from building to building, hiding, climbing up things, and then we got onto something that was moving, a truck maybe. I got on it and layed flat down, then I saw that something was about to push me off or squish me, so I turn over to the side, almost off of the top, I look back towards the chinese man and Thud he gets hit.

Then I wake up. Yes, I dreamt. And it was a dream of me.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 11:11:32 AM by Gemm »
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2003, 10:54:21 AM »
Gemm's unconscious makes more sense than his conscious state.

Except that word "cinyal." no clue what he meant by that, but i assume it's his conscious state intruding on and interpreting the unconscious state

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2003, 11:12:12 AM »
It was suppose to be cinical, but I just woke up and couldn't remember how to spell. But SE, you may be right.
                William S. Burroughs

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2003, 12:11:23 PM »
"Cynical".

Last night, i did that 'not quite sleeping' thing. I think i thought (/dreamt) about Rise of Nations. Been playing it a lot.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2003, 01:10:53 AM »
So I'm wondering if I'm the only person who has full color, perfumed, tactile, surround-sound nightmares.

I have nightmares most nights, but last night I had one that actually caused me sit straight up and yelp. Does this happen to anyone else?

I ritually observe my dreams and nightmares.  I lucid dream a lot.  At a certain point, my dreams starting becoming incredibly vivid.  Now sometimes I will have a lucid dream, and still come to the conclusion that it cannot be a dream because everything is as real for me as the waking world.  At first it was really strange to even be able to feel physical pain inside a dream, but I figure it has something to do with lucid dreaming so often and now I almost look forward to these hyper-real dreams.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2003, 08:11:48 AM »
I had another one last night. Except that most of it is to graphic, so I can't tell you here. But,

I was about to go to cover something that I had to get photos of on today (November 13, which I actually have to do today), but some chicks stopped me and started messing around with me. And then one of them (the two of them are actually here on campus) pulled me into my room and she made me do "that mischevious deed" with her.

Then finally I just said I'm done, got clothed, took the camera bag, and ran out of the dorm, passing by those two girls and some other ones talking. So, I'm booking my way towards campus, until finally I hit some rocks and start going further. And I see people with torches dancing around(its night time, about 10:30 pm). So I keep going and get to the people, I see that there's water, a lot of it, to cross to get to the other side. I look in the water and whats in there? A whole bunch of people swimming. And so I gasp, sigh, and turn around to get ready to leave. Before I do someone says something like"Zak, you're going to run all that way around?" I shake my head and went off.

To which I woke up.
                William S. Burroughs

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2003, 12:18:54 PM »
Okay, Gemm, I still think that was too graphic for this board.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2003, 11:40:29 PM »
Oh, well I'm sorry. My insanity has just gone off the deep end the past few days. Its just running circles around me, myself, and that other guy in the edges of my unconciousness. Hahah. Don't know, do you? Do, You? Do. You. You, do? You. Do. Did-id-didlly-id-middly.
                William S. Burroughs

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2003, 06:47:13 PM »
So Saturday night I dreamed not quite a nightmare, but not a happy dream.  I classify nightmares as involving lots of fear; this dream was more like a foreign flick (you know, the ones with the depressing endings.)

I mention this because the dream was exceptional in four ways.
1. it was in anime.  I've never dreamed in anime before.
2. the entire dream had this hopelessness permeating it.  I was in a bad spot, and deep down I knew there was nothing to be done about it.
3. I was a woman.  I've never dreamed of myself as a woman.  (Go on, mock all you want.  I'm comfortable enough with my gender and sexuality that other people's opinions/analysis/teasing has no effect.  If anything I consider it an accomplishment that I'm able to step out of myself and assume the role of the other subconsciously.
4. I killed someone.  Well, I thought I did.  He turned out to be an android, not a human, and he survived the nasty fall off the precipice from which I pushed him mercilessly.

I had good reason to push; he was the agent of an evil power who controlled the reality in which I found myself.  But I found that I had the power to leave that reality and escape into a fantasy world.  The trouble is, the agents of the evil reality followed me (that's why I had to kill him) and the fantasy world was just as awful as the evil reality, because everyone was fighting everyone else all the time.  And there was nowhere else to go.  So I went back to the evil reality, only to learn the agent wasn't dead.  He didn't try and chase me though.  He understood that I had come to grips with the situation, so he let me sit there on the precipice from which I had pushed him earlier and be depressed about the hopelessness of the situation.  And then I woke up.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2003, 07:41:46 PM »
at least my agent survived :)
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!