Author Topic: Christmas Gifts that keep giving  (Read 4185 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Christmas Gifts that keep giving
« on: December 19, 2003, 03:11:30 PM »
So I'm getting a self-help therapy book for my twin brother, Hooked on Phonics for his wife and a set of permanent magic markers for their one year old boy. What else could I get them?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Gifts that keep giving
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 04:09:30 PM »
42, please be joking? You at least know enough about child development to know that your nephew is not ready for permanent markers.

I suggest movies and CDs to books that make a pointed statement about your opinion of their mental state and intelligence. Perhaps they are in need of furniture and would appreciate a gift certificate to a discount store like Target, or a department store. Perhaps Sue has become a little bit more girly and would enjoy scented candles (I suggest fuzzy as the candle fragrence expert as I have little experience with candles).

I suggest something noisy for your nephew. It will annoy his parents to no end, but cause less property damage than permanent markers.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 04:25:15 PM »
And then after they have been driven crazy by the Noisy Toy, you can give them self-help books.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 04:40:57 PM »
See? It just takes a little patience.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 09:27:07 PM »
The noisy toys sound like a great addition. And any their kid can use as a weapon.

I did just think about the down-side of the self-help book. It might encourage them to actually talk to me and try to "make things better." <shudder>
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 09:52:22 PM »
Oh my.  A terrifying thought, to be sure.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan