Author Topic: Jokes and Riddles  (Read 5118 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Jokes and Riddles
« on: January 30, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »
    I think the last few posts have taken their toll on everyone involved, simply because of a misunderstanding basically entirely my fault.  I thought we could all use a break.

Q)What's worse than finding ten dead babies in a garbage can?

A)Finding one dead baby in ten garbage cans.

I know, it's gross.  But it's funny.  You know it is.  Come on.

Gorgon the Wonder Cow
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Onion of Death

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Jokes and Riddles
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 08:51:11 PM »
I don't think a bunch of older people will be impressed by stuff like this. Just my opinion.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 08:58:17 PM »
I'm amused as long as I can start calling you Eddie Dean.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 08:58:19 PM »
Right, so dead babies are funny now? Aren't you the oens complaining about war in iraq? So shouldn't that be funny too? I have a joke you'll find funny: There was this guy, and he was brutally murdered for money.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 09:00:31 PM »
Chill, Jam.  I think he knew just how not funny it was.  Making a point about how he can't seem to say anything right.

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 09:06:06 PM »
Ok, I'll chill. But I'm not impressed. The mere fact that he's using a controverrsial joke to "give us all a break" shows how much he doesn't get it at all.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2004, 09:08:28 PM »
    Well at least Fuzzy Octopus understands my statement.  

And you probably shouldn't connect my statement with Onions and Vis-Versa.  He never made a joke about dead babies.  I did.  Think about it.  By making assumptions like that stuff like racism and sexism occurs.  In fact that is just what it racism, sexism, ect are.  Judging a bunch of people either by a difference they have or by one of someone like them.  This kinda makes me jump to the conclusion that if you judge him by what I do and vis versa you must be a racist sexist pig!  I mean if I judged all of you by that statement, well, I'd think all of you are racist sexist pigs.  But I don't jump to conclusions like that.  get it?  I supported it and everything!  
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 09:12:34 PM »
That made precisely less that no sense. I'm sexist because Onion didn't make a joke about dead babies and you did? What am I missing here? So far, I don't like both of you for the people you are, not any racist or sexist reason.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 09:18:11 PM »
My statement made "precisly less that no sense"?

I make a statement and you automatically pull onion in just because we respond to eachother well and are the same age and know eachother.  That is putting people into a group.

Now stay with me.  If you are putting people into a group that easily, so do racists and sexists, right?  That is what racism and sexism is.  It is either seeing a group of people infirior due to a difference or seeing an entire group of people a way due to your opinion of one or a few.

That is what you did.  You blamed Onion for my joke about dead babies, which by the way was supposed to be a statement of how I can't seem to do anything right.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2004, 09:21:14 PM »
Alright so for futures reference

Gorgon: makes controversial statements and jokes about dead babies

Onion: much quieter, and doesn't make jokes about dead babies.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2004, 09:25:47 PM »
I didn't pull onion into this, I didn't mention him. I'm not grouping you because you "respond to eachother well and are the same age and know eachothe" (sic). I am grouping you together because you are both clueless n00bs who appeared at the same time.  That is, beacuse you both appeared and started off on the wrong foot, posting things that don't go down well. That is, I am judging you base don your ideas and actions, and found that both of yours are similar. Not "You both are black" or "You both are female".

By your logic, it would be racism for me to say that "All people who try to fix a computer by washing it in a dishwasher are idiots". No, that's a judgment based on a person themselves, not some outward feature.

I'll stop putting you two in the same basket when one of you starts an intelligent, reasonable topic and I see it.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2004, 09:54:19 PM »
Let me point out that JP did, at no time, connect Onion to the dead baby joke. Gorgon did that.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2004, 10:16:20 AM »
Right, so dead babies are funny now? Aren't you the oens complaining about war in iraq? So shouldn't that be funny too?

A) When did I, personally, complain about a net vietnam?

B)  By saying "aren't you the one's..." kind of implies you connected my "joke" with onion in a subcontious level.  This kind of connection should not be made considering onion seems to be a good guy and I seem to be an Ass.   Come on.  Think about it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 10:17:18 AM by GorgontheWonderCow »
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2004, 10:27:14 AM »
*sigh* if you're going to pick at nits, than you should at least stay within the conversation. JP did NOT accuse you of saying it was a new Vietnam. You WERE however, complaining about what Bush has done in Iraq.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2004, 11:05:19 AM »
I don't have a problem with anyone blaming me for onions stuff.  It is my problem that it seems that Onion is taking much of the wrap for my pants ups.  Come on.  Onion seems good.  You didn't even give him a chance...

I fucked up.  I did, I came blindly, and should have expected this, right?  Yes.  But don't anyone hold onion blame onion for my mistakes.  He, and I, just came for some intelligent conversation.  Unfortunately I seemed to have turned it into a mud-slinging match right when he came into play.  I humble myself before you as an inferior...
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke