Author Topic: Anti-Bush rant  (Read 7210 times)

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
Re: Anti-Bush rant
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2004, 06:32:36 PM »
Gorgon, you make me tired.

Once again, if you don't like the current policies, suggest a few of your own.  Intelligent debate is far more interesting than mindless trolling.

But, just to set the record straight, the Patriot act was voted for 99-1 in the senate, with only Feingold dissenting.  At the time, it was a democrat controlled Senate which means (are you ready for the kicker) more Democrats voted for it than Republicans!  (The vote was 367 to 66 in the House, by the way).  Yes, it was supported by Bush, but I don't see how you can blame the act on one man, or one administration (or even one party, for that matter).

And tell me what Bush's tax cuts hurt?  A specific answer is preferred rather than just 'it added to the deficit.'  I'm not disputing that, as you say, "younger generations will be paying later," but every elected official promises tax cuts--what about these cuts specifically is worse than any other tax cut?  Or are you proposing that there should be NO cuts?
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2004, 06:38:01 PM »
this is HARDLY a "heap of flaming discussion" except as you are trying to make it.

Your arguments are not grounded in fact, but instead opinion and their probability of angering people. I'm sorry that HoM is taking the bait.

Not an angry reaction. Just an observation.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2004, 06:56:30 PM »
It's true that I'm taking the bait, and for that I apologize.  I'm easily rankled.

But my point, though I made it in an argumentative way, is that same as yours SE: that a real discussion would be infinitely more enjoyable than mud-slinging for the sake of it.

www.robisonwells.com

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2004, 07:00:03 PM »
Mustard: you're right, but he's just a kid.  I don't really expect governmental policies from him.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2004, 07:03:57 PM »
I dislike Bush for the fact that he doesn't seem to be very intelligent. I believe to be the leader of the most powerful country in the world, you should be at laeast reasonably smart. That's the reason I would have voted for Gore (if I could vote that is). He seemed to be a very smart man, and debated much better than Bush.

Now, I know 15 year olds aren't known for being the most brilliant political minds, but I'm going to create a serious debate thread in a minute.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2004, 07:05:12 PM »
I agree, fuzzy.  As my old sparring partner Spriggan could tell you, I'm quick to jump at an argument.

Consider this my last post to this thread, unless a rational (not illrational, as Gorgon would say) debate begins.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 07:05:55 PM by House_of_Mustard »

www.robisonwells.com

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Whats the road looking like?
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2004, 07:08:25 PM »
Ok, since I'd like to vote this year I'd like to know who's running and what I can look for. Since I'm not much for watching debates that the canidates are doing, for some reason I can't really do that (what with the falling asleep and/or doing something else). So, who's got what to say about who?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2004, 07:18:11 PM »
Well since Bush is really guaranteed as the Republican candidate, your choices are between him and whomever gets chosen for Democratic candidate, and any independants who get on the ballot.

The 4 main democratic candidates are:

John Edwards   http://www.johnedwards2004.com/
John Kerry         http://www.johnkerry.com/
Howard Dean    http://www.deanforamerica.com
Joseph Lieberman  http://www.joe2004.com/site/PageServer

Oh - Kerry's won both the Iowa and NH primaries so far, but apparently Dean still looks like a good bet to some people.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 07:18:47 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2004, 07:19:13 PM »
     Thanks for your imput, i guess.  Oh and as for the parties and what not, I currently hold no party in favor, so whether democrats, republicans, or blue-toothed faeries voted for the patriot bill I could really care less.   What I do see going on is Bush signing the bill, and I'm not trying to say he is any more responsible than anyone else, but he is the president, and as the Onion of Death aptly explained, I do not find him to seem inteligent.  I, as you all seemed to thoroughly agree, have no facts other than what I have already spewed.  And as for any and all comments about," Why don't you give some ideas..." I would if I was running for president, but I'm not so I don't see how that is required...Sorry for ranting I'll keep it in mind in my next posts...
Significantly sorry,
Gorgon the Wonder Cow
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2004, 07:19:19 PM »
Gorgon, you DARE to call our comments "flaming discussion"? Y'know, i have to congratulate you. Normally it takes 5 - 10 posts before someone really starts pissing me off. You managed it from the get-go.

Onion, uh. So yeah, we all know that planning election campaigns, getting degrees, being fighter pilots and winning wars are all activities undertaking with ease by the stupid. Oh yeah, real easy things to do those.

Basically, lets be blunt here. I enjoy debating with SE and HoM - they beat me, but they do it with style and mental skillz. You just chew out leftie retoric like the good little brainwashed tards you are.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2004, 07:27:41 PM »
I'm not saying that Bush is stupid. He is smart enoguh to surround himself with a couple of really intelligent people. Colin Powell is a great person for him to have around. If I were the next President, he would be the one guy I would keep.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2004, 07:38:50 PM »
    Oh, by the way, if you weren;t looking for a rant, why did you come to this post entitled "Anti-Bush RANT"?  I wonder.  
  Anyway, I do not know Bush personally but the way he has run the government does not strike me as a intelligent.  You all may disagree, or like what he has done in office, and you have a right to do so.  But getting into a war without the United Nations approval, killing all our friendships in the United Nations except two and losing money in the process is not an intelligent move in my books, just as an example.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2004, 08:26:28 PM »
well, what was REALLY wrong is that for nettiquette's sake, you usually read or observe a community before jumping in. It gives you a feel for it. In that case, you would have seen that Bush and esp. issues stemming from Iraq cause VERY strong feelings in this community, and you might have broached the subject with more tact.

And then you DID ask for responses to it.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2004, 08:39:34 PM »
   You are right.  I did ask for responses.  And now I'm, ungracefully, eating my words.  I do appreciate your responses, not your attacks.  Anyway, just because you responded does not mean I can't defend my position.  Anyway, as for entering a community slowly and steadily, I normally go for the stealthy approach (ask Onion over there) but the way I see it, this is the time wasters guide and I needed to waste some time.  I think I got a feel for it now, though, so I think my next posts will fit in better.

Gorgon the Wonder Cow
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2004, 12:40:17 AM »
In a closing statement, I don't know what I would do as president, senior sarcastic, that's why I didn't tun.  Well that and the age requirement.

Umm...I was talking about the *real* candidates, not you, just so you know.  I wasn't being sarcastic.  You're entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else.