Author Topic: The Next Annotations  (Read 5243 times)

Argent

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
The Next Annotations
« on: August 09, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
Should be The Way of Kings, right? I don't think there is anything else left. So if that's the case, when should we expect to see them come up? I think by the time I got to Brandon's annotations, all of Elantris' and Mistborn's ones have been out, and Warbreaker's ones were just coming out, so I have no idea how long it takes for a new book's commentary to come out after the old one's have been all published.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Annotations
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 07:57:13 PM »
Brandon didn't have time to write annotations for Wok during the copyedit process, so he'll write them while rereading the book in preparation for writing the next one, after he finishes AMoL. So it'll be a few months at best.

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »
Sadface.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:05:29 AM »
Brandon did write most of the Alloy of Law annotations, except for the first two chapters and the last few. So if he finishes those by the time I'm done running Mythwalker chapters, we can start putting them up.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 06:37:37 AM »
Running Mythwalker chapters? Have I missed some big announcement?

Wait. Wasn't Mythwalker the "old name", so speak, of Warbreaker? Those are done, Brandon posted the last one just a couple of days ago... I feel a little lost, Peter, save me like Jesus!

Squallor

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »
From my understanding, and I am not an expert so don't quote me, Mythwalker was a separate book that Brandon had been writing but never finished for the same reasons as other such books. I believe he is planning on posting the first few chapters up until there are other annotations to post (ie AoL), much in same way he posted scribbler and liar chapters at some point.

EDIT: Brandon explains it here: http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/1005/Final-WARBREAKER-Annotation--Updates
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:51:33 PM by Squallor »

zas678

• Level 7
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »
From my understanding, Mythwalker is kind of the basis for Warbreaker. From what I've heard, it's like comparing the short story Ender's Game (where there are no Buggers, and it starts out with Ender as the Commander of Dragon Army) with the actual novel of Ender's Game. They are kind of similar, but there are some very important differences.

“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »
Mythwalker has 22 chapters. It has 3 races from lowest ranked to highest called Skaa, Eruntu, and Kkoloss. The Skaa are kind of like the Parshmen. The Kkoloss are the nobles. The main character (boy from a small town) is an Eruntu. Vvenna and Siri are Kkoloss who are cousins and look nearly identical. A thousand years ago, the dark god took over the world.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 09:13:37 PM »
How do you pronounce that double "k" in "Kkoloss"?

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
Mythwalker has 22 chapters. It has 3 races from lowest ranked to highest called Skaa, Eruntu, and Kkoloss. The Skaa are kind of like the Parshmen. The Kkoloss are the nobles. The main character (boy from a small town) is an Eruntu. Vvenna and Siri are Kkoloss who are cousins and look nearly identical. A thousand years ago, the dark god took over the world.

Wow, I'm seeing a lot of familiar concepts here.  Hmmmm.......

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 09:16:50 PM »

Wow, I'm seeing a lot of familiar concepts here.  Hmmmm.......

Yeah, that's why these books will never be published as anything except free excerpts.  Brandon freely and happily borrows concepts from unpublished books for the published ones.  Most authors do once you get a look into their unpublished manuscripts, but he is very open about it.
Nature hates being reified.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 10:26:35 PM »
How do you pronounce that double "k" in "Kkoloss"?
Brandon isn't huge on pronunciation, but it may be something like Korean (geminate/doubled) tense consonants.