Author Topic: Brandon's publication schedule  (Read 5623 times)

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • stupid LiveJournal thing
Brandon's publication schedule
« on: February 26, 2011, 05:06:13 PM »
Hey, I was at Brandon's website this morning and under "Upcoming and Current Releases" he has a list of his four most recently published books, but nothing on future books.   He does show a progress bar for two unpublished books:  The Alloy of Law, and A Memory of Light.  But I know there's more in the pipeline.   

He talked about this several months ago in a blog post, here: http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/925/Another-Long-and-Rambling-Post-on-Future-Books.  And there's some speculation about forthcoming books on a fan wiki, here: http://www.17thshard.com/wiki/Unpublished_works#Forthcoming_Novels
But there's lots more unreleased books.  For example, see this big list, here: http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7701.0.  Anyone know what's actually coming out in the next few years?

Since I couldn't find a publication schedule, I thought I would try to make one myself.  So here is my best attempt:

:) Mistborn:  The Alloy of Law

:) Wheel of Time: A Memory of Light
 :) The Rithmatist (aka Scribbler)

:) Stormlight 2

LATER?
 ??? Alcatraz 5
 ??? Elantris 2
 ??? Warbreaker: Nightblood
 ??? Stormlight 3+
 ??? a sequel trilogy to Mistborn
 ??? Dark One (YA dark fantasy)
 ??? Steelheart (Superhero apocalypse)
 ??? The King's Necromancer
 ??? The Silence Divine (Shardworld novel, standalone)
 ??? White Sand (Shardworld trilogy)
 ??? The Liar of Partinel (Shardworld novel, one of two)
 ??? Dragonsteel  (Major Shardworld epic)

As you can see, this is pretty sketchy.  If you have better information, please drop some knowledge on me.  HELP A BROTHER OUT.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:17:55 PM by Juan Dolor »

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon's publication schedule
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 05:59:31 PM »

That's basically as good as the information gets.

Other than, if I remember right.  There will be two Stormlight books every three years as well as a different novel in the year a Stormlight book isn't published.  There is a third Mistborn trilogy (possibly).
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 07:13:36 PM »
I think he said he won't be able to do Stormlight 2 and AMOL in the same year, so Stormlight 2 would be pushed one year. Not sure though, but I know Brandon didn't like the amount of stress Towers of Midnight & The Way of Kings put him in 2010.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 10:01:19 PM »
Thanks, guys.  I feel like this is the sort of thing that he ought to keep updated on his website.  I mean, he has those progress bars and that space for Current and Upcoming Releases, but it seems like they don't get updated very often.  I shouldn't complain, because he is so much better about this than other authors, but it seems like this would not be a lot of extra work to update, say, quarterly.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 02:35:17 AM »

Right now he is doing a lot of rereading and he just finished revisions on Allow of Law. 

Subscribe to his Twitter or fan him on Facebook.  He posts the little things there.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 05:34:16 AM »
I think he said he won't be able to do Stormlight 2 and AMOL in the same year, so Stormlight 2 would be pushed one year. Not sure though, but I know Brandon didn't like the amount of stress Towers of Midnight & The Way of Kings put him in 2010.

That's what I remember him saying as well.  It'll probably be late 2013/early 2014 before we get Stormlight 2

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 03:19:06 PM »

That's what I remember him saying as well.  It'll probably be late 2013/early 2014 before we get Stormlight 2

Aww, really? :( That makes me a sad panda.
Just an idle comment. My comments are often idle. I can never get them to do any solid work.

Ipood

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »

Aww, really? :( That makes me a sad panda.
And does the world really need more sad pandas.
Oh, well. After Wot we'll get an unusually (For a HEF author) rigid and tight schedule. So at least we have that.

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  I've modified the schedule so it reflects all the information you've shared. 

Boy, he's got a lot of books to write!

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 07:31:03 AM »
Are the smiley faces intentional? Because, without being insulting, I find them... unpleasant. Some meaningful mark in front of the names would me nice, but I find the smilies a poor choice :(
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
I'm glad you like the smiley faces!

;D

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 03:18:30 PM »
Peter confirms rough schedule for the next three books :

http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=8340.0

Shiael

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »
Are the smiley faces intentional? Because, without being insulting, I find them... unpleasant. Some meaningful mark in front of the names would me nice, but I find the smilies a poor choice :(

:)  ;) :D  ;D  :P  sorry. I couldn't help but be flippant.
Nothing is ever easy...

Shiael

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 09:10:50 PM »
there are that many books coming out? wow. I need to go to his website to get updates.
Nothing is ever easy...

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
If you find anything on his website, post it here.