Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Dalinar as a possible radiant? *Spoilers*

(1/8) > >>

Moash:
Hi all,

I'm a lurker, but decided to post a small theory I have.

The other day I was re-reading the chapter "10 heartbeats" from Wok, you know the one about the greatshell hunt?  Anyway, in that chapter some strange things happen with Dalinar that I hadn't caught during my first reading.

1.When he is knocked in the air his shardplate seems to correct itself so he lands right side up
2. Adolin notes that he moves faster in shardplate than should be possible, making other shardbearers look like children by comparison
3. When he catches the greatshell claw, Adolin notices that his shardplate "almost glows"

Could it be that these are manifestations of some latent power related to the radiants?  I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.

CabbyHat:
There's been a lot of speculation about this, actually, and I think most people agree that there's something special about Dalinar. Personally I agree that he's a great candidate for one of the new Radiants, but I think those particular pointers are a little too vague for us to know just yet. :)

zas678:
I think that Dalinar is not a knight- yet. He hasn't yet done everything he needs to, or said the words that must be said.

From a recent Q&A in Europe, Brandon talked about Investing (aka distribution of magic) He said that in Mistborn, it was determined by genetics, Elantris by the Shaod, and in Way of Kings, it was by actions done. I believe this means that anyone has the potential to be a magic user if they are brave/curious/intelligent/honorable/lead/heal enough. 

I think that Dalinar being Brave in this section helped him reveal some of the Radiant traits that could be reached if he continues on this path.

andygal:
I like 8th order (resolute/builder) for Dalinar, he's certainly very resolute when he puts his mind to things, and he's trying to build a real unified alliance among the highprinces. Also his personal chosen virtue (Glory) is determination.

Ari54:
I thought it was relatively clear that Dalinar is currently set to become some sort of Radiant. (Not that it isn't possible for him to get knocked off that track, of course)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version