Author Topic: How do you read Schlock?  (Read 4614 times)

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • stupid LiveJournal thing
How do you read Schlock?
« on: April 22, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
Some TV shows I like to watch when they air, and some I like to watch all at once when they're out on DVD. 

Some webcomics I like to read as soon as they come out, like http://www.harkavagrant.com/.  And some I like to wait a while and let them build up a bit, like http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php

How you like to read Schlock Mercenary?

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
Re: How do you read Schlock?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »
Regardless of the type of comic, I always wait until the graphic novel comes out.
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 05:46:01 AM »
How do I read Schlock Mercenary? Let me count... nah. I just bring them up daily in my browser. At noon, right now (I live in Japan). Nice chuckle before lunch. Or after lunch, for part of the year. But I read them  day by day.

Mike

(snip)
How you like to read Schlock Mercenary?

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • stupid LiveJournal thing
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 06:36:45 AM »
Man,  I didn't even think about graphic novels.  I mean, I own three or four of the Schlock books, but I I got those long after I read the comics. 

BeyondTheFail

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:05:38 PM »
I keep up daily with Schlock. I don't like waiting on the next installment to finish. I guess I'm just impatient sometimes.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:34:37 PM »
I really like the iPad app, except for the fact that it's 3 hours behind the website when a new comic gets released. =\
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 02:49:33 PM »
I use the RSS feed via Google Reader on my Google Homepage.  Of course, this just means I check it first thing every morning when I get in!  Thanks, Howard.
Nature hates being reified.

Howard Tayler

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 05:41:07 AM »
RSS, website, iPhone, iPad, and Photoshop. Oh, and sometimes I re-read it from the original Word documents.

Peter: If you pay for a subscription, it's not three hours behind. It's THREE DAYS AHEAD. Also, no ads. Also, yes I am evil.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 09:54:14 PM »
Yeah yeah, Howard. Though I noticed it started updating at 11:00 p.m. this week, which is good.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

hubay

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 02:23:14 AM »
I read it every sunday, so I can get a week's worth of comics in one go. I feel like it makes story flow better.

I do cheat a lot though, if I like the current plotline. And if I do read it on a sunday, I have to squint my eyes to make sure I don't read the current comic while I find last monday's in the archive. Ah, well.

I do this with pretty much every webcomic I read.