Author Topic: Unforgettable Question  (Read 4157 times)

maxonennis

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Unforgettable Question
« on: April 07, 2011, 07:21:46 PM »
Eric, depending on how Unforgettable goes, do you plan to go the Inde rout for your novels?
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Eric James Stone

• Staff
  • Level 12
    • View Profile
    • Eric James Stone's Website
Re: Unforgettable Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:51:23 PM »
Good question.  I decided to try the indie route with Unforgettable because it's shorter than what traditional publishers seem to be looking for (it's only 67,000 words, which would be fine if it were a YA novel, but it's not), so the traditional publishing route wasn't really open for it.

I think that at this point in my career, traditional publishers still have a lot to offer in terms of marketing clout, etc., so I'm likely to continue to try that route.  (For example, I'm still seeking a publisher for my epic fantasy, which I wrote before Unforgettable.)
Eric James Stone
Nebula Award Nominated Author
Read my serialized novel Unforgettable for free online.

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:04:08 PM »
Well, I read your first chapter and loved the hook!  :)
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 07:46:31 PM »
Just read your second chapter, and I have to say that this is pretty awesome. I like the balance of humor and suspense that keeps the story light and fun but still exciting. Honestly, even if it is a bit shorter than the average novel, I can’t imagine why a publishing house would at least give it a serious look.

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • stupid LiveJournal thing
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:52:55 PM »
I saw the title of this post and thought it was going to have an unforgettable question.  And I don't mean to critique the question that was asked, which was pretty good and earned an answer, but it was certainly not unforgettable. 

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 11:16:40 PM »
I saw the title of this post and thought it was going to have an unforgettable question.  And I don't mean to critique the question that was asked, which was pretty good and earned an answer, but it was certainly not unforgettable. 

It was a question about Eric's serial novel titled Unforgettable. You can read it here: http://www.ericjamesstone.com/blog/2011/04/05/unforgettable-cover-teaser/

Eric James Stone

• Staff
  • Level 12
    • View Profile
    • Eric James Stone's Website
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 06:37:15 AM »
Glad you're enjoying it, maxonennis.
Eric James Stone
Nebula Award Nominated Author
Read my serialized novel Unforgettable for free online.