Author Topic: Questions in Regarsd to Alloy of Law  (Read 1852 times)

jrh1524

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Questions in Regarsd to Alloy of Law
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »
I was hoping that perhaps Peter could pass along to Brandon some of my burning questions in regards to Alloy of Law?  Barring that, maybe we could get an estimate on when/if Brandon will be giving any interviews in relation to Alloy of Law?

Here are my questions.  Other readers feel free to post your questions as well.

1. Can you give us a short description of the main character and his family history?
2. Which characters from previous Mistborn books will be making an appearance in Alloy of Law?
3.  Is the book supposed to be darker or more light hearted than the previous Mistborn novels?
4.  How far has technology come along?  Have automobiles been invented?  How about firearms?

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
Re: Questions in Regarsd to Alloy of Law
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 01:16:22 AM »
Without being neither Peter, nor Brandon, I can still give you some answers :)

1. All we know so far is in Tor's article.
2. None - except maybe Sazed and Marsh. The Allow of Law takes place about 300 years after the events of Mistborn, so all of our friends are kind of... well, dead.
3. Lighter, definitely.
4. Technology is on a level close to late 19th century, if I recall correctly. Firearms exist (in fact, one of the first things Brandon told us about the book was that there would be a pistols duel between Allomancers (or Twinborns, I'd guess)), but I don't know about automobiles. I think they have steam though.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

SirZelig

• Level 3
  • I'm not crazy! It's you who is normal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:47:17 AM »
About question #4. There is a guy on the cover holding a rifle. So that should help with that question. :)
"All because of you
I believe in angels.
Not the kind with wings,
no, not the kind with halos;
the kind that bring you home
when home becomes a strange place.
I'll follow your voice;
all you have to do is
shout it out!"
Rise Against- The Good Left Undone

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 01:51:02 AM »
4. Early 20th century (1900–1910) in many respects (ahead of our world at that time in some ways, behind our world at that time in other ways). There are gasoline-powered automobiles.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!