Author Topic: Mistborn vs. Asha'man  (Read 5013 times)

Kykeon

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Mistborn vs. Asha'man
« on: October 14, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »
*Ding ding ding*
Round two! ;D
The situation is the following:
On one side: A Mistborn, armed with two glass daggers, of average strength.
On the other side: An Asha'man armed with one sword and trained in Aiel hand-to-hand combat.
Setting: An abandoned city at night.
No balefire or Atium are available; not only because both are one-hit kill tools but also because of the paradoxes their use would create.
Who wins?

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: Mistborn vs. Asha'man
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 02:19:54 PM »
I'm gonna say Asha'man, no question about it.

and not because of any fanboy-ism for WoT or thinking it's superior to mistborn or anything like that, but because the one power has basically consistently shown itself to be way more powerful than just about anything a mistborn can do.

Mistborn powers are more a thing of "i'm physically more powerful, with a few neat tricks, that if i'm clever enough, can be pretty potent" where as the one power is more like "I melted your flesh off in about half a second simply because i willed it to happen, and you are defenseless against the one power since you can't use it"
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Salkara

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 12:23:18 AM »
Yeah, Asha'man wins hands down. Simple reason for this is that the One Power has very few limits to what it can do while Allomancy has far too many rules that limit it.

LoneStar

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 10:43:05 PM »
At first i was thinking Ashaman all the way but control on the one power is tenuous at best, if the mistborn was skilled at soothing/rioting perhaps they could get the Ashaman to give in to the temptation and let Saidin win and destroy themselves.  a Duralumin/Zinc or Duralumin/Brass combo would do the trick i think.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
At first i was thinking Ashaman all the way but control on the one power is tenuous at best, if the mistborn was skilled at soothing/rioting perhaps they could get the Ashaman to give in to the temptation and let Saidin win and destroy themselves.  a Duralumin/Zinc or Duralumin/Brass combo would do the trick i think.

I dunno about that. Just about every time we see the PoV of a man channeling (granted, that's mostly just rand) it talks his emotions seeming distant, and seemingly belonging to someone else.

Based on that, i would assume rioting/soothing wouldn't do a whole lot to a channeler

though, that could be because of the flame and the void trick, but i honestly think its more related to (male) channeling than not
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:15:57 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 07:57:12 AM »
A smart mistborn could win in a ranged fight, they are more mobile and a repeated burst of coins shot like a shotgun hits a rather large area. Hurt someone channeling badly enough and they lose the source. Then one well place shot finishes the deal. However without knowing the opponents abilities in a first time meeting, the mistborn doesn't stand a chance. And even in a ranged fight every Ashaman has a few tricks up their sleeves.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 12:57:15 AM »
I'm going to call it a tie since there's too many unknown variables.  Before throwing my support either way I'd want to know how many spare vials the Mistborn has with him/her since this could be a long drawn out battle.  Plus how strong in the One Power is the Asha'man?  If he's on par with Rand, then the Mistborn is gonna be toast.  But if he's not strong enough to open a gateway, than all the Aiel training in the world probably won't save him from a well aimed coin.

Dragon Shard

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 11:48:58 AM »
Asha'man, hands down. Channeling has hardly any limits, which I think is why they shouldn't include WOT characters in things like SUVUDU cage match, but there you go. :P

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • stupid LiveJournal thing
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »
Asha'man, no contest.

YOUR HEAD A SPLODE

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail94.html

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »
If they meet with no prior knowedge of the abilities of the other and no preparation of any kind, the ashaman would win. Hands down.

The only way a mistborn could have a hope is if they knew about the power, they did NOT face the ashaman directly, and they kept moving at all times. That is for a hope. Unless they caught the ashaman by surprise/assassination, then they likely still would not win.

Don't get me wrong, Mistborn are awesome. However, the One Power can do almost anything.
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

ork

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 11:41:35 AM »
Asha'man no doubt. but imagin a situation where he is facing the lord ruler himself or an inquisitor then that would be a battle to watch since a mistborn can also be able to predict your next move.