Author Topic: Need help finding a WE episode  (Read 2480 times)

fardawg

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: -1
    • View Profile
Need help finding a WE episode
« on: May 27, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
I remember Brandon mentioning an RPG game he ran where he had an interesting way for characters to be resurrected when they died (at least I think that was it). Something about spirits attaching to them (or something like that). I can't find that episode. Does anyone know which one it was or remember what the topic was?
It may have been in one of his Jordoncon videos but I remember Dan and Howard reacting to it.

Thanks for any help

EDIT: Found it. Dungeon Crawlers Radio interview.  http://tinyurl.com/69lcopd
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:38:13 PM by fardawg »

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
Re: Need help finding a WE episode
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 10:06:52 PM »
Whew... that's a little obscure. Can you remember what the larger topic of the show was? Otherwise, you might have better luck asking in the dedicated WE forums. The best you might hope for here is that Peter or someone else who runs into Brandon regularly will remember to ask him and come back here to tell you, but given that he's going out of town for a bit you might be waiting a long time for an answer on that...

fardawg

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:42:55 PM »
Thanks for responding. If I knew the larger topic I could find it on my own. I have listened to every episode multiple times and they tend to jumble together in my mind. I thought it was on "Roleplaying Games as Tools for Story Telling" but no luck. I also thought it might be in one of the magic system episodes but it wasn't. I think it might have been an off hand comment that wasn't directly related to the topic.

Where exactly are the "dedicated WE forums"? Do you mean the writing prompt section?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:45:10 PM by fardawg »

Inkthinker

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 08:38:50 PM »
Hm. For some reason, I thought that they had a more dedicated forum for WE that was linked off the main site. Now I feel a bit silly.

But there is a feedback/comments forum for the WE podcast here at TWG, it's in the Writing Group forum (at least, that's where the FAQ on the Reading Excuses forum says we should for WE topics).

http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?board=20.0

The topic doesn't ring any bells for me, but as you say they do tend to blend together after all this time. Why not just extrapolate from that very basic concept (resurrection though attached souls/spirits) and make up the rest on your own? That's how most ideas come about... something you hear about somewhere else, which you then build upon to create a new idea.

fardawg

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 09:37:36 PM »
Thanks for the new link. I'm not actually looking for it as a World Building idea. Though it is a great idea to brainstorm from. I just got it stuck in my head and wanted to hear it again because I couldn't remember the context or exact account. I exhausted all of the obvious topics.  I'm working my way through the casts again anyway, so I'll post the episode number when I get to it for anyone else curious.

PS Amazing art btw! I'll have to use you when I become a best selling author ;p
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:43:50 PM by fardawg »

fardawg

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding a WE episode (Found: not WE)
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
Found it. It was actually in an interview he did with Dungeon Crawlers Radio. It's about 23 minutes in.
http://tinyurl.com/69lcopd

PS. Is there a way to modify the Subject Title on the forum? 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:41:11 PM by fardawg »

Inkthinker

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 08:16:02 AM »
HAH! So it was a trick question!

No, I think only moderators can modify thread titles. You can see if it allows you to modify your original post, that might allow for a title change, but most forums don't. Probably messes with the indexing.