Author Topic: the way of kings as a movie  (Read 9118 times)

lordofsoup

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: the way of kings as a movie
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 05:04:50 PM »
Another problem is trying to fit in 10 books with the same actors, who are obviously not going to be the same after the time it takes to make 10 movies.

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 02:21:50 AM »
I hadn't thought of that.  I guess if you wait until the series is almost done and film each book back to back then it could be done.  Otherwise half the cast would be dead before you got halfway through.

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »
I think it'd work well as an animated series, though knowing how that business works I doubt very much that it would make it all the way to the end of the books.

Plus it would almost certainly have some "anime" trappings, given the nature of the content and the necessities of market and production. That would probably spark a fan-schism that would fester until culminating in a riot at the very first CosmereCon, where surely, surely someone would end up with an indian rope burn.

And those things frickin' sting.

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 01:15:08 AM »
I think it'd work well as an animated series, though knowing how that business works I doubt very much that it would make it all the way to the end of the books.

Oooh..... :o

Now I'm envisioning a Studio Ghibli anime of it and I'm liking it....especially if the art was along the lines of Princess Mononoke.  That would be freaking amazing!

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 09:08:23 AM »
I hadn't thought of that.  I guess if you wait until the series is almost done and film each book back to back then it could be done.  Otherwise half the cast would be dead before you got halfway through.

Working at the kind of pace they'd need to work at to finish all 10 movies in a row, the cast would be dead before they got halfway through anyway.
Just an idle comment. My comments are often idle. I can never get them to do any solid work.