Author Topic: Vote for Vin!  (Read 10556 times)

guessingo

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for Vin!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 02:53:06 PM »
after reading Brandon's story about Min and the guy from Terry Goodkinds books, I think Suvudu should do a fantasy author death match.

This will let brandon take out all his rage on Terry Goodkind and put an end to him.

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »
Terry Goodkind would be mad.....he doesn't write fantasy, he writes  books with meaning, because ya know, fantasy is meaningless escapism that never explores important human themes.

</nerdrage>

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »
guessingo, did you mean Vin?  Haha, Min vs anyone would be cool, but she's not the best :P
Now why'd you have to go and push that button?!

- Famous Words of Doom.

Morsker

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »
Brandon's writeup was so awesome. The only Goodkind jibe it's missing is something about "not fantasy"!

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 12:23:40 AM »
Pity I only know Sword of Truth by reputation.  On the other hand, I have read Atlas Shrugged, so yeah, I follow.
Nature hates being reified.

anthonypeers

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 02:05:59 AM »
Pity I only know Sword of Truth by reputation.  On the other hand, I have read Atlas Shrugged, so yeah, I follow.

Trust me, you're better off not having read it.

Bejay

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 12:15:20 PM »
Actually, the first 2-3 books are not that bad.

anthonypeers

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »
Bejay: Go back and re-read Richard's brother's "fire is bad" speech at the very start of the first book.  Keep in mind that in pre-electrical societies, (especially ones with no magic,) the controlled use of fire is synonymous with civilization itself.  But people were listening and agreeing instead of denouncing him a an obvious nutcase.

There were a few entertaining bits in the first few books, but on the whole the series is rotten through and through, from the beginning to the end.

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »
Bejay: Go back and re-read Richard's brother's "fire is bad" speech at the very start of the first book.   Keep in mind that in pre-electrical societies, (especially ones with no magic,) the controlled use of fire is synonymous with civilization itself.  But people were listening and agreeing instead of denouncing him a an obvious nutcase.

There were a few entertaining bits in the first few books, but on the whole the series is rotten through and through, from the beginning to the end.

Yeah, I never made it past that part. Sooo stupid   ::)
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

chandran

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 01:32:30 AM »
To be honest though... Although I much prefer anything from Sanderson vs Goodkin, I did enjoy SoT, and although Mistborn was much better... I don't think Vin could have actually beat Zedd. But... it's a fan based competition, so... go Vin! :)

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 02:27:20 AM »
I liked Wizard's first rule. It's heavy on the philosophy so it's not a fast read, but still really good.  I actually put it in the same catagory as Ender's Game.  Both are really good, but enough was resolved in the first book that I didn't feel a need to read the rest of the series.

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
I liked Wizard's first rule. It's heavy on the philosophy so it's not a fast read, but still really good.  I actually put it in the same catagory as Ender's Game.  Both are really good, but enough was resolved in the first book that I didn't feel a need to read the rest of the series.

Yeah, but at least the rest of the Ender's series was decent, if not anywhere close to as good as the first one.  I really enjoyed the Bean sequels, Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, and Shadow Puppets.  The ones that followed Ender's line were... kind of boring :/
Now why'd you have to go and push that button?!

- Famous Words of Doom.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »

Yeah, but at least the rest of the Ender's series was decent, if not anywhere close to as good as the first one.  I really enjoyed the Bean sequels, Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, and Shadow Puppets.  The ones that followed Ender's line were... kind of boring :/

The only ones I read were Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.  I tried to read the next one in the Ender's line, but I couldn't do it.  It was much too boring.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。