Author Topic: Vote for Vin!  (Read 10554 times)

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for Vin!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 01:21:36 AM »
I think if he told us, it would reveal too much about Hoid at this point in the Cosmere. :)
Now why'd you have to go and push that button?!

- Famous Words of Doom.

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 03:54:03 AM »
I think if he told us, it would reveal too much about Hoid at this point in the Cosmere. :)

I agree.  As much as I would love to see Hoid, Kaladin, and/or Dalinar in the cage match I don't think we'll see them until their full abilities have been revealed in the books.  But when we do, I suspect that Rand will be one of the few people that will have a chance at beating them.  I hope by then they have vid sims for the fights.  That will definitely be a fight worth seeing.

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 04:56:35 AM »
I definitely want to see Kaladin in one of these  cage match things at some point. Maybe in 2013 after Book 2 comes out.
And vid sims would be way awesome.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:01:12 AM by andygal »

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 02:51:24 AM »
I definitely want to see Kaladin in one of these  cage match things at some point. Maybe in 2013 after Book 2 comes out.

Kaladin would give anyone an epic fight. Ooh, and now I'm imagining a Kaladin vs. Vin matchup...
Just an idle comment. My comments are often idle. I can never get them to do any solid work.

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 04:01:48 AM »

Kaladin would give anyone an epic fight. Ooh, and now I'm imagining a Kaladin vs. Vin matchup...

Oh my gosh!!!!  A Cosmere death match would be so freaking mind blowing!

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 09:21:19 AM »
Vin would still win, if she had atium.

Honestly, Vin could  beat just about anybody if she had  atium. Yo have to deny her atium i you want most fights to be interesting.

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 01:36:22 AM »
Vin would still win, if she had atium.

Honestly, Vin could  beat just about anybody if she had  atium. Yo have to deny her atium i you want most fights to be interesting.

Fortunately I don't think that's usually a problem, given how rare it is. You'd have to set the fights at a pretty narrow window in her character arc if you wanted her to have ready access to atium.
Just an idle comment. My comments are often idle. I can never get them to do any solid work.

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »

Oh my gosh!!!!  A Cosmere death match would be so freaking mind blowing!

And we could throw Vasher and Hrathen in there too... :) Hrathen mostly because he seems more used to combat situations than Raoden, but Raoden would be awesome too. AonDor versus Allomancy versus Surgebinding versus Awakening, anyone?

Sorry for posting twice in a row, btw... ^^;

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 11:17:45 PM »
Yay!  Vin won her first match!  I have no doubt that she'll kick Eric's pale behind, but I'm worried about the match after that since she may have to go against Zedd.  That'll be interesting.

SirZelig

• Level 3
  • I'm not crazy! It's you who is normal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 11:52:53 AM »
Rand vs. Skywalker?
"All because of you
I believe in angels.
Not the kind with wings,
no, not the kind with halos;
the kind that bring you home
when home becomes a strange place.
I'll follow your voice;
all you have to do is
shout it out!"
Rise Against- The Good Left Undone

Liralyn

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 04:04:53 AM »
Here's my question:  If we have Kaladin vs. Vin, is there going to be some sort of weird interaction between their powers?  If the Cosmere is all one complex magic system, there might be more going on than just a beatdown.

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »
Here's my question:  If we have Kaladin vs. Vin, is there going to be some sort of weird interaction between their powers?  If the Cosmere is all one complex magic system, there might be more going on than just a beatdown.

Now there's an interesting question. :) Maybe it's one we'll get answered someday, as more of the overplot starts to be revealed... I personally would love to start seeing some more overt interaction between the various shardworlds.

anthonypeers

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 09:40:03 PM »
So now we've got Vin vs. Zedd from The Sword of Truth.

My initial thoughts on seeing that lineup were similar to Brandon's take on it, but he says it so much better than I could...

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 02:48:12 AM »
lol I love Brandon's version of the fight, hilarious.

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »
It looks like the semi-finals will be a true clash of the titans. We'll probably have Vin vs. Jon Snow on one side, Quick Ben vs. Perrin on the other. And I admit, I don't want a single one of those characters to lose, they all represent giants in the fantasy industry.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.