Author Topic: Vote for Vin!  (Read 10555 times)

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Vote for Vin!
« on: March 08, 2011, 05:29:17 AM »
Do you remember last year, when Suvudu.com held their Science Fiction/Fantasy cage match? You know, the one Rand al'Thor won? Well, the 2011 cage match starts right now. Guess who's on the bracket? Our dear friend, Vin.

Vin's first opponent is from Logen Ninefingers, from the First Law Trilogy. But come on. Vin + atium? Yeah, I think she beats a barbarian, even atium-less. You should go vote for her. Have multiple computers? Maybe a cell phone with internet capabilities? Go vote for her again. This match ends on Thursday!

Her opponent after Logen will be either Jacob Black or Eric Northman. I'm kind of hoping Jacob wins that one, so we can see Vin utterly destroy the werewolf. But seriously guys, this one is Vin's hardest match-up for a while. Vote vote vote! Don't let Vin's lead deceive you; First Law is really popular.

You can see the entire bracket here: http://suvudu.com/2011/03/your-2011-cage-match-contenders-video.html
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for Vin!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:25:37 AM »
Done!  The write up "prediction" was pretty cool, despite the fact that Vin could have just destroyed him at the start.  Just seemed like they were giving Logen a chance even though he never had one :P
Now why'd you have to go and push that button?!

- Famous Words of Doom.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:04:33 PM »

I see a Snape v. Lestat fight happening sometime soon...... That would truly be an amazing fight to see.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Dragon Shard

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 03:44:55 PM »
GOD ???
Who to pick? Vin, the totally awesome Mistborn who would obviously win in real life, or the bad-ass Logen

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »
Long Live Barbarians! Go Logen!  :P
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »

Psh. Logen has no proper weapons to fight Vin, especially not if she has atium.

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 08:56:25 PM »

Psh. Logen has no proper weapons to fight Vin, especially not if she has atium.

There's no doubt he'd lose, after all he is at his best when beat to a bloody pupl first and I'm pretty sure Vin would just finish him before he had time to go all berserker on her. But I still like Logen better than Vin.
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 12:38:05 AM »
Logen is on a level comparable to a koloss when facing Vin. Despite his greater skill, all he really has is fighting abilities and no magic. I think Vin is the clear winner here.

But I definitely see some interesting fights in New Crobuzon and Ankh-Morpork divisions. Raymond Feist's Pug vs. David Gemmel's Druss the Legend? While Pug is probably the most powerful magician of his world, Druss has been known to kill sorcerers - as well as pretty much everything else.

And just below those two fellas, I see Quick Ben vs. Solomon Kane. I am anticipating this.

On a related note, Suvudu is an awesome place to look for new books to read :)
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 06:39:41 AM »
About last year's competition.. I'm trying to think of people in any book that could possibly beat Rand al'Thor in this "duel to the death".  Really can't come up with a single person who would even be close, who did he fight for the championship?  Was it close?

- Famous Words of Doom.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 07:47:09 AM »
About last year's competition.. I'm trying to think of people in any book that could possibly beat Rand al'Thor in this "duel to the death".  Really can't come up with a single person who would even be close, who did he fight for the championship?  Was it close?

He fought Jaime Lannister, from A Song of Ice and Fire. It was pretty close. Lots of fans on both sides who wanted to win.

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 08:29:46 AM »
Bah, Jaime Lannister  doesn't have any special abilities does he? He'd get used as a mop. 

Stupid.

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »
Pug could take Rand in like a second. (Thanks Argent, I completely forgot about Pug. I haven't read Feist in about six years. Brings back memories)

Ipood

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »
Under Rands abilities it said "Can take in enough One Power to end all life.".
GREGOR Cleganes said something to the point of "Monstrously large."

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »
Yeah, I really can't see Rand al'Thor ever losing to everyone.  I know I might be biased because I love WoT, but come on...  Even without a sa'angreal he should be able to instantly kill anything short of a God (we will have to find out how he stands up to a godlike figure after AMoL comes out :D).  Vin is great and all, and there are many characters I like more than Vin and Rand, but no one would stand a chance in shear power.

- Famous Words of Doom.

prehistoricman

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 01:12:23 AM »
I'd really love to know what who Brandon thinks would win with a Hoid/Rand fight.  He's hinted that Hoid has tremendous power...