Author Topic: When does Alloy of Law get released?  (Read 8232 times)

urbmd

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
When does Alloy of Law get released?
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:11:20 AM »
Do we have an approximate release date?  Is it 2012? 

This guy has so many projects.  I was waiting for the next WOT and Way of Kings book.  I had no idea he would put out another Mistborn so soon.

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Re: When does Alloy of Law get released?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 06:16:58 AM »
Septemberish this year apparently. I asked him on Twitter a few weeks ago.

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:17:42 AM »
This makes me a happy Sanderson fan; I was thinking I was going to have to wait until 2012 to get anything from him unless I wanted to try and struggle through the Wheel of Time.
Just an idle comment. My comments are often idle. I can never get them to do any solid work.

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 12:08:10 AM »
Yeah, worked out quite nicely that Brandon's refresher story ended up being of release quality and novel length. :)

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »
The Master likes to publish one book every year. Sometimes it's one of his side projects - like the Allow of Law; sometimes it's one of the grander epics, like The Way of Kings. The end of this blog post has an outline of what Brandon plans to write in the (distant) future, as well as when we should expect to see each particular work.

Rather ambitious plan, I daresay. But I had to trust one author to do it, it would be Brandon.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 05:54:08 PM »
It's coming in November. That's from Tor as of this week.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 10:16:25 PM »
It's coming in November. That's from Tor as of this week.

He needs more summer releases so we don't have to worry about weather driving out to Utah.

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 03:41:06 AM »
I drove from Oregon to Utah this last November and the weather was great!  I had to race a snowstorm on the way home, but other than that it was perfect.  As long as you stay on major roads, you'll be fine.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 08:06:11 AM »
October/November is big book release time for some reason. I don't know the numbers behind that.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

socom-delta

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 06:42:04 PM »
October/November is big book release time for some reason. I don't know the numbers behind that.

Christmas/Holiday shopping season, sir. That's the reason. You release it in October/November, take a few weeks to ship, give yourself some leeway to print & shop more books in case demand outpaces supply.

apbadd

• Level 3
  • Rejected as a Mistborn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
Is this just the short story that Brandon has metioned from time to time or a full on novel which is part 1 of the next trilogy?  If it is the later I am super excited.  I loved Mistborn.  I think it could become a Star Wars like universe if BS can pull off this multi-generational leap between the trilogies.  I want movies, I want comics, I want action figures, I want a Vin Chia Pet.

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »
It's a full novel. It could lead into more books, but it stands on its own.

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

Christmas/Holiday shopping season, sir. That's the reason. You release it in October/November, take a few weeks to ship, give yourself some leeway to print & shop more books in case demand outpaces supply.

That, and given that so much book marketing is word of mouth, you get your hardcore readers showing up in november to buy your new books, and then they read them, enjoy them, and start convincing their friends to buy them in plenty of time for the Christmas season.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 11:59:21 PM »
It is not the first book of the second trilogy. It comes between. But it could still have sequels of its  own.

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 11:43:16 PM »
First I've heard of this. All I remember is that BS might not produce a book this year because of all the chaos that WoK & WoT were creating. Guess it's time to geek out and start rereading Mistborn.  I also have 2 new books from Orson Scott Card to read. Favorite authors producing is making me very happy.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.