Author Topic: WoK: Top 5 Villians That Really Really Need to Die (*Spoilers*)  (Read 18528 times)

happyman

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WoK: Top 5 Villians That Really Really Need to Die (*Spoilers*)
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 12:18:38 AM »
sacrificing a few to save many? and the 'few' are mostly people who are dying or terminally ill or so ill they wouldn't survive on their own. pretty messed up, but what he's doing could end up saving the world.

Considering that, I see him like Szeth: good at heart but sorely misguided. Used.

Besides the homeless, prostitutes and foreigners he kidnaps and kills to keep the sayings coming...

If he only used the terminally ill, he might still want to hide what he was doing, all things considered.  But I doubt people here would consider it nearly so brutal.
Nature hates being reified.

socom-delta

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2011, 04:20:01 AM »
oh. I forgot that he kidnapped people, too.

Does that put him in the 'insane' category, then? What if he's just so hung up on his own self preservation he doesn't care who he hurts? That would go along with the assertion that he's a villain, and why he's sewn chaos by killing so many foreign leaders (through Szeth), and also his MO for kidnapping those foreigners & prostitutes.

"Sick people, whores, foreign aliens... nobody will miss them. Let's see what they can tell us in death..."

Yeah. Yeah that sounds about right. He's not nearly as powerless as Jasnah made him out to be, either. Hell, maybe the thugs in that one alley near that theater were actually EMPLOYED by Taravangian.

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2011, 05:21:01 AM »

Yeah. Yeah that sounds about right. He's not nearly as powerless as Jasnah made him out to be, either. Hell, maybe the thugs in that one alley near that theater were actually EMPLOYED by Taravangian.

It's possible, but I doubt it. I don't have much confidence that street thugs could keep their mouths shut about something like this.  Whoever Taravangian employed, it's someone he can trust to be discreet.

Tortellini

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »

But for what? Kill rich theater-goers? Cause that's what they did... The assault on Jasnah definitely wasn't planned - no sane plan relies on waiting for the victim to randomly choose to wander into a dangerous alley without protection.

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2011, 10:29:03 AM »

But for what? Kill rich theater-goers? Cause that's what they did... The assault on Jasnah definitely wasn't planned - no sane plan relies on waiting for the victim to randomly choose to wander into a dangerous alley without protection.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the thugs were just thugs. Who were subsequently unlucky enough to become the subject of a creative philosophy lesson. And now somebody has a new realistic statue.