Author Topic: What's a medicavi?  (Read 2934 times)

mbarker

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
What's a medicavi?
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:13:12 AM »
I wonder if we'll ever find out? Or did I miss that somewhere along the way?

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
Re: What's a medicavi?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 02:09:27 PM »
I did find it used as a Latin verb somewhere around medicine. But I don't think you need to be licensed to use Latin, although it might not be a bad idea.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »
It'll probably be explained more in the upcoming story, given that the whole episode looks like being about futuristic medical issues.  Howard has learned about "show, don't tell," and so uses the footnotes a lot less in recent story arcs.
Nature hates being reified.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 07:37:51 AM »
It'll probably be explained more in the upcoming story, given that the whole episode looks like being about futuristic medical issues.  Howard has learned about "show, don't tell," and so uses the footnotes a lot less in recent story arcs.

Sure, but we can always try to guess ahead of time. I'm thinking something along the lines of an autodoc (medical diagnosis and treatment in a box), but... I'm not sure why that would run the doctors out of town, unless it is simply easier/cheaper.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
Well, at least we have more evidence that Doctors are being run out of town.  We've still got some clever back-story to get through, though, if I'm any judge.

BTW, this is turning out like a typical vacation, isn't it?  The obnoxious bureaucrats, the angry natives, the cowardly AI's---all par for the course for the toughs.  And nothing less than I wanted, I'll admit.
Nature hates being reified.