Author Topic: [WIP] The Cosmere  (Read 9031 times)

Ari54

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
Re: [WIP] The Cosmere
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 01:06:28 AM »
Kelsier also had access to some of Preservation's powers for a while after he died, although we're not sure if he exactly counts as a shardholder in the same way that Leras, Vin, and Sazed did. Endowment should probably be Living, not Alive, and because we can reasonably guess that the pool in Elantris is related to Aona, (s)he's has been tentatively referred to as Relief.

Melriken

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 09:01:38 AM »
Kelsier also had access to some of Preservation's powers for a while after he died, although we're not sure if he exactly counts as a shardholder in the same way that Leras, Vin, and Sazed did. Endowment should probably be Living, not Alive, and because we can reasonably guess that the pool in Elantris is related to Aona, (s)he's has been tentatively referred to as Relief.
Updated table.

Italicized data is unconfirmed.

#   Name (host)                     Shard              World    Series       Status
1AtiRuinScadrialMistbornDead
2LerasPreservationScadrialMistbornDead
2VinPreservationScadrialMistbornDead
1&2SazedRuin/PreservationScadrialMistbornLiving
3AonaReliefSelElantrisDead
4Skai??SelElantrisDead
5RayseOdiumRosharStormlight[/i]Living
6Bavadin????????
7??CultivationRosharStormlight??
8Elithanathile (AKA The Almighty)HonorRosharStormlightDead
9??EndowmentNalthisWarbreakerLiving
10??????????
11??????????
12??????????
13??????????
14??????????
15??????????
16??????????

I made the correction and addition (alive to Living and Relief for Aona) as well as added some spacing to the columns so they are a little wider then the longest element in them.

Tortellini

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »
How exactly is it confirmed that Endowment is alive? We saw seons and aon'dor in Elantris, after Aona was killed. So it could well be that Endowment is not around any more.

In fact, and here's an interesting thought, for all the magic systems we have ever seen in the hands of "ordinary people", the shard status is dead, unconfirmed or severely handicapped:

Aona & Skai - dead. Ruin - trapped. Preservation - gave itself up to trap Ruin. Honor - dead. Endowment -  unknown. (yes, I'm mixing shards and people  ::))

Is there a reason for that? Is Rayse on an extermination trip behind the scenes (well, yes, but is he that far along that?) or is there another reason? We'll know more once we see Scadrial after a few centuries with a living, caring shardholder...

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
Didn't Lightsong hear a voice when he was remembering his death just before he healed Susebron? I am absolutely certain there was a godlike voice in the Graphic Audio book, but they are known to have a few things off.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 02:26:19 AM »
No, Lightsong talked to a voice in the book as well.  It isn't absolutely certain that this means that Endowment is alive, given the pool in Elantris speaking, but if we have met a living shard (besides Sazed), enddowment is the best choice.
Nature hates being reified.

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 02:48:40 AM »
I am not sure if the pool spoke as much as it conveyed emotions. But it may be that Endowment is also dead, it's a theory I haven't given much thought to.
Power doesn't always have to corrupt. In many ways, it can change a man for the better.

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 02:39:26 AM »
I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that Endowment is alive until we have active reason to call that into question. If Endowment was obviously dead as of WoK, I think their death would have been mentioned along with Aona and Skai.

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 09:43:38 AM »
I added a little general knowledge about some of the worlds and changed the format a little. I am not sure I like how things are starting to look though - forums seem to offer very little formatting options. Maybe I should maintain a Wiki page instead?

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 06:38:10 PM »
I added a little general knowledge about some of the worlds and changed the format a little. I am not sure I like how things are starting to look though - forums seem to offer very little formatting options. Maybe I should maintain a Wiki page instead?

Maybe try the Coppermind Wiki at 17th Shard?  I'm sure they'd like the help.
Nature hates being reified.

atlas689

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »
_-* SPOILERS *-_

[li]The Silence Divine (standalone novel)[/li]
[li]White Sand (trilogy)[/li]
[li]The Liar of Partinel (the first novel in a series of two). Magic: Lightweaving[/li]
[li]Dragonsteel (epic). World name: Yolen[/li]
[/list]

Two questions:

1) Is the Silence Divine an unpublished work of Sandersons?
2) What about the world from Aether of the Night?

Argent

• Level 5
  • Lord
    • View Profile
    • Wowhead
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »
The Silence Divine, as far as I know, as not yet written. And Aether of the Night doesn't sound familiar, but the name 'Aether' makes me think of The Liar of Partinel.

Ipood

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »
If you want info on unpublished books of Mr. B. Sanderson: http://www.brandonsanderson.com/article/55/EUOLogy-My-History-as-a-Writer

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 03:01:51 AM »
the holder of Honor is now confirmed to have been. named Tanavast, courtesy of Brandon on Twitter.

I asked "But the person who held the Shard Honor was originally named Tanavast?"

And Brandon said "Yes. You wiggled it out of me. That was the name of the original holder of the Shard Honor."

Link to Original Tweet

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 05:57:00 AM »
He already confirmed that for the Tor.com questions, but it just didn't go online yet.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

zas678

• Level 7
  • Job Title: Hoid Desciption: RAFO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 06:08:27 AM »
Is there a date on that second batch of questions Peter?
“It’s a fun tradition.”
“So was witch-burning,” Melody said.  “Unless you were the witch.”