Author Topic: Something similar to writing.com.......?  (Read 1937 times)

JamieRowett

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • JamieRowett
Something similar to writing.com.......?
« on: January 06, 2011, 05:05:43 PM »
I've been creating websites for a while now, and while by design skills lack, I can usually run them pretty well.  I've been on writing.com and find that it doesn't offer quite what I'm after.  I've also seen topics on here about people asking for critique and writing groups and am now offering the idea of creating a site where people can do just that.

It will be small to start off with.  There will be a blog where I'll post how things are going not just with the site, but my own novels and how my critiques of other peoples are (as well as some random reviews and stuff).  Anyone can sign up to join the 'Authors' section.  Once you've signed up as an Author you can write articles to post on the site to help other aspiring writers, post your own short stories to gain critique, post long stories chapter-by-chapter also for critique, as well as anything else deemed necessary.  There will also be a Word Drill section, where (much similar to the 'writing exercises') you will be given a short sentence, scene, character etc. and can create something from it (there may be prizes depending on how many people involved).

As well as this, I will also be able to offer free hosting to any author (subdomain or domain) who requests it.

So, now I have three questions:

1. Opinions?   Good points?  Bad points? etc.
2. Would you be interested in joining?
3. What should the website be called?

Thank-you.

JamieRowett

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • JamieRowett
Re: Something similar to writing.com.......?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 08:18:21 PM »
Potential website name:

InkExtracts

Thoughts?

JamieRowett

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • JamieRowett
Re: Something similar to writing.com.......?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:46:30 PM »
If you ignore...the err...'rubbish' header image, this is what the site will potentially look like and will give you an idea of some of the features.

http://inkextracts.hostwebs.com/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:47:41 PM by JamieRowett »