Author Topic: Thunderclasts *WoK Spoilers*  (Read 11203 times)

Ari54

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
Re: Thunderclasts *WoK Spoilers*
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 01:25:44 AM »
Anyone else considered that this could be why the shattered plains exist? ;)

Wasn't the Shattered Plains once the site of a great city/nation? Maybe during a desolation something happened involving voidbinding and thunderclasts which shattered the earth and created the plateaus.

Yeah, because they grew thunderclasts out of the ground making huge freaking canyons during the attack.

It could happen! :)

CragN8R

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 08:15:29 PM »
I wonder if there is a connection between Thunderclasts and the Awakened cretures of Warbreaker? What if breath and stormlight is the same energy source altered in distinct ways by the shards located on the planets. It would solve the problem of awakening stone requiring a huge number of breaths, since Stormlight is a more available resource, especially when you consider the implications of gemhearts

Liralyn

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 06:15:21 AM »
A very interesting idea...

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 06:16:38 AM »
Brandon has said that the magic systems of the cosmere are all based on the same philosophy...
"You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

Kykeon

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 06:50:33 AM »
I wonder if there is a connection between Thunderclasts and the Awakened cretures of Warbreaker? What if breath and stormlight is the same energy source altered in distinct ways by the shards located on the planets. It would solve the problem of awakening stone requiring a huge number of breaths, since Stormlight is a more available resource, especially when you consider the implications of gemhearts

Stormlight: Energy.
Gemheart: energy store.
Spren  trapped inside the stone(chasmfiend spren maybe):
Simple mind/instruction receiver.
Sounds alright. ;)

EvilNuff

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 03:43:13 PM »
Speaking of spren and thunderclasts, I noted this in my re-read:
Dalinar looked up at the hulking carcass. Tiny, near-invisible spren were floating out of the beast’s body, vanishing into the air. They looked like the tongues of smoke that might come off a candle after being snuff ed. Nobody knew what kind of spren they were; you only saw them around the freshly killed bodies of greatshells.

No clue what it means but I think it bears mention.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »
Speaking of spren and thunderclasts, I noted this in my re-read:
Dalinar looked up at the hulking carcass. Tiny, near-invisible spren were floating out of the beast’s body, vanishing into the air. They looked like the tongues of smoke that might come off a candle after being snuff ed. Nobody knew what kind of spren they were; you only saw them around the freshly killed bodies of greatshells.

No clue what it means but I think it bears mention.

I think the current theory is that these Spren are part of the magic that allows the Greatshell's to survive despite their ridiculous proportions, and that the creatures of Roshar naturally capture Spren in order to survive the extremes found there.
Nature hates being reified.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 05:47:49 AM »

I wonder if Josh or Mìch have the picture of the thing we drew on the chalkboard when we were coming up with names for these things.

Brandon had one name and it sounded too much like "Thundercats" so we were thinking of a new one. . . . somehow Thunderclast is better. xD  Not sure how.

Anyway, we ended up with Demok which sounded like "The Mok" . . . . . we drew a Thunderclast with Peter's head.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

dhalagirl

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 05:01:29 AM »
Now that's an image to make the kids run away screaming.