Author Topic: Well, that's a crew...  (Read 4838 times)

mbarker

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Well, that's a crew...
« on: December 26, 2010, 06:33:16 AM »
So, over here http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-12-26, we have Doc Bunnigus, Lt. Ventura, Tailor (and part-time Surgeon), Ennesby, Legs, and our own ever-loving Schlock being sent off with the admonition "Just don't let me hear about this on the news?"

Oh, this should be good! Great holiday present!

Edited to change Wings to Legs... all part of the greater chicken, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:40:55 AM by mbarker »

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
Re: Well, that's a crew...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 09:22:16 PM »
He forgot to use weasel words!  The weasel words are there to protect them.  What could he possibly be thinking?

On a side note, I'd very much like it if this could be one of the toughs Little Adventures (tm) that is fun without having all kinds of cosmic side-effects.  Howard is usually good about adding those, and I'd say the time is right for another one.
Nature hates being reified.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 05:55:55 AM »
Aaaand here's Kathryn to drive! It just keeps getting better.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 10:42:20 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if Kathryn is going to wind up hiring onto the Toughs. It's been foreshadowed. They'd have to overcome their mutual bad blood, but, well, the Toughs have overcome worse.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 05:34:49 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if Kathryn is going to wind up hiring onto the Toughs. It's been foreshadowed. They'd have to overcome their mutual bad blood, but, well, the Toughs have overcome worse.
Clearly Ennesby is wondering about Kathryn, too. Although the long, blonde hair makes it harder to pay attention  ;)

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 06:43:53 PM »
I dunno what to make of her.  She started out as such a minor character, but all of the sudden she's getting both back-story and character development.

I'm very interested to see where it's going though.  And I'm pretty sure Ennesby isn't unduly distracted by her hair.

In my opinion, the toughs do need some fresh blood, though.  One thing that Howard has been good about is having a moderately changeable cast with real decisions, while keeping the core (Tagon, Schlock, Kevyn) intact. 

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 05:10:54 AM »
I dunno what to make of her.  She started out as such a minor character, but all of the sudden she's getting both back-story and character development.

I'm very interested to see where it's going though.  And I'm pretty sure Ennesby isn't unduly distracted by her hair.

In my opinion, the toughs do need some fresh blood, though.  One thing that Howard has been good about is having a moderately changeable cast with real decisions, while keeping the core (Tagon, Schlock, Kevyn) intact. 
And... a deeply discounted asset? Sounds as if Ennesby is considering how to get her into the Toughs, at least...

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »

And... a deeply discounted asset? Sounds as if Ennesby is considering how to get her into the Toughs, at least...

At the moment, Ennesby is realizing they've stuck their foot in it (again) and is already thinking about how they can get out.  Kathryn has an interest in helping them, and for far less than what, frankly, she is worth.  And given the situation, they can milk that for a lot.  I'm hoping Kathryn finally gets a break after all this, though.  She's been put through a lot.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 07:41:12 AM »
Oh, now that's interesting. ;D I can't wait to see how Kathryn reacts when she finds out that Ennesby was piloting the ship the Tunguska was chasing when it got eaten by Pa'anuri.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 03:43:28 PM »
Maybe he'll tell her, maybe he won't.

Oh, and Kathryn's reaction to Ennesby's knowledge is just priceless.  Love this strip.

Anyway, I double-triple add what I said about hoping she catches a break.  She really has been through a lot, and Ennesby is in a position to make the most out of it.

Well played, Howard.  You're putting together a great storyline.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 05:35:10 AM »
Oh, Kathryn! You didn't hire a butterbar... Go. Fix. You have ten minutes....

I think I'm falling in love. What a woman!

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
Just wanted to add---she caught a break!  Getting paid what she is worth might just make up for all the crap she's had to go through.  Of course, it's dangerous...