Author Topic: WOK Cover Art Questions  (Read 4685 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: WOK Cover Art Questions
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »
Phaz here bought one. Ask him if he'll take a picture of his. The others didn't have pictures drawn on them already when they arrived here. So it's up to whoever bought them.

[EDIT: Phaz posted his at Stormblessed. http://www.stormblessed.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=299 ]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:26:37 PM by Peter Ahlstrom »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 10:22:38 PM »
Extremely cool. Thank you for sharing it, Phaz!

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »
Here is a picture of mine after being framed.

The frame turned out great.  It's hard to tell from the crappy glared cell phone pic but th frame is kind of a 1/2 way point between gold and silver with a nice pattern that kind of compliments the shardplate.  I like it.

Also, you can see the wall behind it is painted silver.  I painted that room while reading The Well of Ascension and was inspired by the Conventicle of Seran (where Sazed and Marsh visit in the beginning of WoA).

That same room also contains my bookcase with all my extra copies of Brandon's books to give out, my mistborn figures, my signed/numbered allomancy poster, MB & Elantris pendants etc.

Don't worry though, I've saved space for a Nightblood replica, more art from WoK, an Aeons poster, an occulator lenses set, leather bound replica of Alendi's journal, inquisitor spike, and special limited edition printed copies of all Brandon's books (hint hint if Peter is reading this and can push for any of that happen :) )
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:38:48 AM by Phaz »

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »
The cover looks 1000% more amazing displayed like that... The Highstorm is just as overwhelming looking as I had always imagined.  Sooo awesome, thanks for the pictures! :)
Now why'd you have to go and push that button?!

- Famous Words of Doom.

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 04:55:02 PM »
Phaz, you are making me feel completely inadequate as a Sanderson fan. If you'll excuse me, I've got to go atone by painting the table of Allomantic symbols on my ceiling.
Just an idle comment. My comments are often idle. I can never get them to do any solid work.