Author Topic: Towers of Midnight *spoilers*  (Read 6136 times)

Terez

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Towers of Midnight *spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 01:27:32 AM »
Did you have any particular reason for thinking that? So far as we know, the Towers of Midnight are fortresses, 13 of them, that were the center of operations during the Consolidation. They are left unoccupied by tradition.

Terez

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 01:30:00 AM »
Did you have any particular reason for thinking that? So far as we know, the Towers of Midnight are fortresses, 13 of them, that were the center of operations during the Consolidation. They are left unoccupied by tradition.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 11:58:41 AM »

absolutely none. My only guess is the word Tower and that the book won't take place in Seanchen. I am basically  making stuff up. I am terrible at predicting what will happen next in a book. In theory, Jordan's books should be easy to predict since he forshadows so well and doesn't just make stuff up as he goes along. However, they are not. He is too good of a writer.

yakumo fujii

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Foretellings/visions/etc. dealing with Rand's death indicate that all three of his girls will be mourning him, so I'm pretty confident Min will survive to that point.  Of course, Rand's death will be faked or somehow temporary, so anything could happen after his "resurrection".  Rand could "die" in ToM, but I think that's more likely to be in A Memory of Light.

The "one who sees beyond" could be Egwene. She is a dreamer and the boat could be a skimming platform, sh makes them in the form of barges.

yakumo fujii

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 12:48:24 PM »
I believe I read somewhere that Brandon said there is a twist in the book that no one is expecting.

He did, but it is a specific sort of twist. He compared it to Vin's earring, and he said that the first clues of it show up in books 4-6 (in one of them, or all three - he won't say). He says it's a mystery we should have picked up on when it was introduced, and that it's something that comes up often in later books.

My best bet at the moment is that it has to do with Egwene's dream about ravens sinking into the flesh of Mat's shoulders. The dream was in book six, and the significance of the tattoos is explained in book four.

Quote from: guessingo
I think a large part of the book will take place in Seanchen.

I say it's Birgitte's resurrection. Nynaeve saw Moghedien throw Birgitte out of Tel'aran'rhiod  and we know, Nynaeve only has to see a weave done once to repeat it. She will be the one to bring Rand back to life.

It won't. RJ assured us that the story would not visit Seanchan again, and Brandon is respecting RJ's wishes on this. RJ left open a small possibility that there might be a visit comparable in length to Rand's and Aviendha's visit there in 'The Far Snows' and 'A Short Spear', but nothing any more substantial than that. He said the same about Shara.

Have you read chapter 1 yet? I think that's the most we'll get.