Author Topic: "Finish The Book...Brandon!!!"  (Read 8003 times)

SamuelR

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
"Finish The Book...Brandon!!!"
« on: September 29, 2010, 03:17:20 PM »
Hey, surfing the web I found this hilarious article

http://www.sffnews.com/2010/09/finish-damn-book.html

I assume it's meant to be a sort of parody of the "Finish the book George" articles that have been floating around all the years George R R Martin hasn't released A Dance With Dragons  :D

Of course I don't agree with it!  :D But found it very funny  :P

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:25:40 PM by SamuelR »

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
Re: "Finish The Book...Brandon!!!"
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »
I admit to being just a little irritated at Mr. Sanderson for posting on Facebook every half hour. :(

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:34:36 AM »
I laughed at the Night Angel trilogy reference in there.
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 01:36:48 AM »
Haha very funny article.  I like how they mentioned Kylar ( Night Angle Trilogy) and how the police officer said, " you don't take a 1000 page book to the head and survive."   :D

calvin

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
I admit to being just a little irritated at Mr. Sanderson for posting on Facebook every half hour. :(

Aww...give him a break!   :P If he's ADD like me, then he's doing five different things at once.  Considering his schedule, I'm amazed at what he can accomplish.  Plus, don't forget that he does most of his writing after the sun's gone down.  Our afternoons are like his mornings...so, if you're getting coffee, checking your e-mails, eating your breakfast, etc. right after you get up, then afternoon/evening is when he'd be doing the same thing.

As Stephen R. Covey says, you need to sharpen the saw every once in a while...if you spend all your time cutting, then you lose the efficiency of having a sharp blade.  (Brandon keeps a SHARP blade--and cuts FAST!)  :)
If everyone else sits back and does nothing, the bad guy wins.

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 12:55:59 PM »
I prefer being constantly updated. That way I know when to expect a book to come up, and I don't feel any frustration waiting for it to come out. (though it doesn't lessen the anticipation, in fact it increases it!)
"You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 01:29:26 PM »
What do you guys expect of him? He wrote both the beginning and the end of an epic series, a young adult novel, and now he's writing a book for fun!  ;)

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 01:40:09 PM »
What do you guys expect of him? He wrote both the beginning and the end of an epic series, a young adult novel, and now he's writing a book for fun!  ;)

I love that quote. It raps up the awesomeness of Brandon in one line! Its why we all love him. He is undoubtably among the great modern fantasy writers, and the fact that he writes his book so fast doesn't even detract from the quality of the books!!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

Galavantes

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 04:39:01 AM »

I love that quote. It raps up the awesomeness of Brandon in one line! Its why we all love him. He is undoubtably among the great modern fantasy writers, and the fact that he writes his book so fast doesn't even detract from the quality of the books!!

Or.....does it?

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 04:45:53 AM »
I'm going to answer that with a yes....and that is my final answer.

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 09:58:44 AM »

Or.....does it?
How dare you!!  >:(
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

zarepath

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 12:59:04 PM »
If there is anyone writing epic fantasy today who DOESN'T deserve being rushed, it is Brandon Sanderson.  Has anyone else produced nearly as many books as he did these last two years?

But considering how close we are to the end of the Wheel of Time, I can certainly understand the underlying sentiment, there.

Galavantes

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 01:07:28 AM »

Or.....does it?
How dare you!!  >:(

Hehe sorry, that was a little tongue in cheek. I couldn't resist. ;)
Everybody in this forum is aware of Brandon's writing pen of awesomeness +3
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 01:11:07 AM by Galavantes »

Batchman

• Level 4
  • Can I get you some water?
    • View Profile
    • Official Gordon Korman Web Site
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 07:11:06 PM »
Considering Brandon still seems to be more or less on target for a book a year to get AMoL finished, I don't think anybody has any right to complain. The speed Brandon works at amazes me.

Besides ... the books might be a lot worse if Brandon didn't take time to recharge between them.

Morsker

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 09:21:41 PM »
I see this as a parody of fans, not a parody of the GRRM-related blog. Or maybe both. But most of the fun-poking has to be at fans, because complaining about the speed at which Brandon writes books is so silly that someone could only do it jokingly.