Author Topic: anyone use audible.com?  (Read 1832 times)

guessingo

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
anyone use audible.com?
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:35:42 PM »
They say that most books cost 1 book credit. What types of books cost more than 1 credit? I am concerned they may spin this, so the best selling new releases are the small number of books that cost more than 1 book credit.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: anyone use audible.com?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 08:10:21 PM »
I use/love it. So far, i've only seen one book series cost two credits, and that's George R. R. Martin's song of fire and ice series. Nothing else that i've seen and/or gotten has cost 2 credits. Also, even at two credits, it's cheaper per book than just buying it (it's 36 bucks after member discount, and a monthly 2 credit subscription is...uh....22 i think? i dont know, i havent checked in forever)

Note that you can also buy books, you dont have to subscribe and use credits.

Also, i use audible on my android phone. It is awesome. I highly recommend it!

Edit: i just quickly went through both the NYT best sellers and new releases lists and didnt see any costing 2 credits.

Further Edit: Leo laporte's podcast network regularly runs specials for audible, as they are a sponsor. Stuff like discount for X months, free trials, etc.

Looks like at current, you go to http://www.audible.com/macbreak for a free trial.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:19:21 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.