Author Topic: "Unite them" [Way of Kings spoilers]  (Read 2352 times)

luminos

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
"Unite them" [Way of Kings spoilers]
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:56:51 PM »
1.  So, Dalinar's visions keep telling him to "unite them" which Dalinar interprets to mean uniting the Alethi.  We already know that Dalinar misinterpreted the part of the visions about trusting Sadeas, and that the visions likely weren't specifically for him, because the almighty was already dead when he was getting them. 

2.  We know that when Odium/Rayse killed shards in the past (Aona and Skai) he broke up their shards to prevent anyone from holding them to gain power.

Theory:  The "unite them" phrase refers to the pieces of the shard the almighty held, which were likely splintered by Odium when he killed him.  The visions are instructing whoever receives them to unite the fragments of the shard, so that someone can stand full strength against Odium

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Re: "Unite them" [Way of Kings spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »
that makes sense, because the visions dont respond to him, so why should it refer to the highprinces?  it could also be refering to the lost order of the Radiants, that might be a bit of a stretch but it is possible

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »
that makes sense, because the visions dont respond to him, so why should it refer to the highprinces?  it could also be refering to the lost order of the Radiants, that might be a bit of a stretch but it is possible

I was also thinking along the lines of the Radiants.. but I didn't really think of the shard itself being re-united.  It seems that would be the most efficient way to stop another shard. 
Now why'd you have to go and push that button?!

- Famous Words of Doom.

LoneStar

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »
I had a completely different theory on this one.  What if it is referring to the people of Roshar, primarily the Parshendi and the Alethkar.  One theory i had is that he is to unite the people against the coming Desolation. 

The interaction between Dalinar and the Parshendi Shardbearer has me considering the Radiants as a possbility also.

What if the Radiants aren't lost at all, just unawakened in their current state.  Perhaps Dalinar himself is a living host and that is why he receives the visions, the Parshendi Shardbearer could be another one who is farther along in his reawakening and thus this is why he recognizes Dalinar once his helm is off.

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:13:03 AM »
I also think its related to reuniting the kingdoms of mankind. Apart we are weak, but together we stand strong.
"You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

Never

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 08:34:31 AM »
Indeed. There are ten Heralds, ten orders of Knights, and ten essential elements, and ten (known) countries in the world. The cities with mystical layouts also appear in several different countries.

My guess is that he's not supposed to unite his people, but all ten countries. 

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 03:03:56 PM »
I have felt that OP is on track.  Unite the Splinters, become a Shardholder.

Defeat Odium.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?