Author Topic: A question for Brandon...about Gen-Con this year!  (Read 2850 times)

Vazza

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
A question for Brandon...about Gen-Con this year!
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:32:07 AM »
Hi Brandon,
 I have been enjoying your books immensely. I am currently part way through the Hero of Ages and it is very hard to put down. Anyhizzle, I will be attending Gen-Con in Indianapolis this year and was wondering if you would be attending as a part of their "Authors Avenue" ?( I think that's what they call it)  I have emailed Gen-Con staff letting them know I would like to see you there so I figured the other way I could get this ball rolling was to just ask you or get as close as I could to asking you! Thanks for giving me such great stuff to read and I look forward to reading Warbreaker soon!

your fan,
 Matt

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
Re: A question for Brandon...about Gen-Con this year!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 04:07:50 PM »
I have been pondering whether to go or not.  Indy is my backyard, but when you go every year, it kinda fizzles out a bit as far as the scale of awesomeness goes.  It's been a year or two since I've been there, but if Brandon is going this year, I will totally make it a priority, haha.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »
Brandon has no plans for Gen-Con this year. However, Howard Tayler will be there, and you could ask him to doodle in Brandon's books for you.

Brandon's schedule is at http://brandonsanderson.com/events — One probable appearance that is not listed there yet is Comic-Con in San Diego.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 01:18:44 AM »
That's sad... thanks Peter!  So when is our boy going to make it to Indiana?  Haha...

Well, going to see Howard would probably be worthwhile.  I wouldn't ask him to doodle in one of Brandon's books, but I'd have to order a Schlock book, because I would appreciate a customization from him as well, haha.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Vazza

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 06:52:10 AM »
Brandon has no plans for Gen-Con this year.

Is that a definitive no or if they were to contact him would there be a possibility of him attending or is it just not good schedule wise? Also has he been there before? I will go see Howard though for sure.

Thanks again.

Vazza

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
Since I haven't got an answer I'm guessing no? I understand he is busy trying to get the second to last WoT book done, and I guess its too bad that his RPG won't be done yet because it would seem like a great Con to promote it at.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 02:37:16 AM »
You know, I think I've decided to go to GenCon cosplaying a random Mistborn...

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 02:38:47 AM »
Brandon's con schedule for 2010 is full, and his 2011 schedule is almost full.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Vazza

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 11:58:36 AM »
thanks for the extra information and I guess I'm not surprised that he is so busy, especially with non-con related stuff like oh I don't know Books!

But still...almost full, does that leave a chance of going to Indianapolis next year?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »
At this point, a con needs to invite Brandon as a guest, which includes paying for a flight and hotel room.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 04:27:20 AM »
Well Vazza... you know what that means?  We need to petition GenCon Indy.

Vazza

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 05:49:58 AM »
Yeah for sure. Hey Wolfstar, did you happen to play any Zombie Larps at GenCon? If you played Rising then I met you there and took your picture!

Also I will for sure get on the GenCon boards and ask them to have him there! Here's hoping!