Author Topic: RE: Hoids aquaintance at the end of the book and the nature of his sword. (SPOILER)  (Read 9593 times)

dria

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
I think it's possible that the Parshendi were misled by some other party into killing Galivar, but I don't have any doubt that they made the order. That said, I don't think it's very likely that someone else talked them into it. I think there is a reason that the Parshendi killed him, although we don't know it yet. The scene with Dalinar and the Parshendi Shardbearer near the end of the book could have something to do with it. They needed to get Dalinar out into the Shattered Plains for some reason, or something along those lines.

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
the parshendi could be following the lines of Taravangian, maybe they didnt want all of the highprinces to become unified.  and why did the parshendi agree to the alliance in the first place if they would just kill him? and why did Gavilar want to make a peace treaty with them anyways?

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
Do we really know enough about the parshendi to judge whether they are motivated by hate? Everything they have done is clouded in mystery, making it hard to discern their true motives.
We know how they act.

Either they're not motivated by hate, or their definition of "hate" is very different from ours.

Or this is how they act when they aren't actively touched by Odium. We have enough information to make a few assumptions, but even whether Jasnah's assumptions about the voidbringers are true is debatable. Trying to figure out Odium's exact connections with the Parshmen or Parshendi from what we have is reaching too far, imo.

I'm not saying we can't speculate, but that we don't really have a basis to treat any of our assumptions about the Parsh- whatevers as fact yet.