Author Topic: Rights For Spren!!!! (minor spoilers)  (Read 11058 times)

Stormblessed

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rights For Spren!!!! (minor spoilers)
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2010, 05:42:19 AM »
I assume they would be some sort of aspect of the cognitive realm. Maybe the intelligent spren are also influenced by the spiritual realm?
"You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

Liralyn

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2010, 06:06:00 AM »
It seemed like Syl lost her intelligence when she was not near or bonded with Kaladin.  Perhaps being used in fabrials increases the sentience of spren 'imprisoned' within them, so the spren would prefer to be in a fabrial than bonded to nothing. 

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2010, 06:12:39 AM »
The intelligence may come from a mutual bonding, not a forced one. In fact, I'm sure of it, as Syl gets her power from the honour of Kaladin. If she was forced to bond someone without honour, her intellect would not change.
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »
The intelligence may come from a mutual bonding, not a forced one. In fact, I'm sure of it, as Syl gets her power from the honour of Kaladin. If she was forced to bond someone without honour, her intellect would not change.

Who says fabriels force bonds?

Liralyn

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2010, 11:23:10 PM »

I agree.  I mean specifically that it's possible that the spren gain a little intelligence from the fabrials, but nothing like Syl does with Kaladin.  It begs the question if a little is better than nothing.  If they don't have someone like Kaladin, then perhaps they're willing to settle for the fabrial gemstones.

Of course, it is entirely possible that the spren are trapped unwillingly.

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 02:49:29 AM »
Even if they want to be trapped willingly, which I don't really believe at all, a fabriel can be used by anyone. Even people that don't reflect the aspect of that spren. E.g. none creative people would be able to use creative spren, what for I do not know, but it would be possible.
 -- Darkeyed Soldier