Author Topic: Rights For Spren!!!! (minor spoilers)  (Read 11070 times)

Stormblessed

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rights For Spren!!!! (minor spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 07:59:01 AM »
I think it's very clear that spren hate strawberries. The first thing to do if we want to uphold the rights of spren everywhere is to eliminate all strawberries, especially those in a jam form.
I don't know ehere you get that one from. A rights for spren campaign would involve banning fabrials bassically...

What is the only place Strawberries come from?
What is the only place without spren?

Obviously, spren hate strawberries.

I like that reasoning!! :D
"You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »
alright youve convinced me we cant trap all spren, but what about painspren, fearspren and intoxicationspren?  There must be tons of things out there that we can get rid of maybe there is a sociopathspren, or crimespren, we could make a mostly perfect world ;D

Winterdawn Lor'ee

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 12:35:04 AM »
When you do come up with a motto for this, and we make Rights for Spren t-shirts, we should wear them and have a Walk for Spren!  5K would be a good start.  *nods*  In the meantime, we can stage protests.  I'll bring the posterboard to make our signs if somebody else can bring markers and poles to attach the posters.
~ Winterdawn Lor'ee ~
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Albert Einstein

Tasslehoof

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 01:27:00 AM »
alright youve convinced me we cant trap all spren, but what about painspren, fearspren and intoxicationspren?  There must be tons of things out there that we can get rid of maybe there is a sociopathspren, or crimespren, we could make a mostly perfect world ;D

Crimespren would be cool, especially if you were a cop.. totally easy to catch people if spren are flying around them :P
Now why'd you have to go and push that button?!

- Famous Words of Doom.

Morsker

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 03:51:42 AM »
I'd totally create a fabrial that hid crimespren then. I'd be rich!

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 08:13:23 AM »
We would need a device to see spren. Most spren cannot be seen, unless by people with special abilities (e.g. Rock). Maybe if crimespren exist then Rock can see them, and then he would get an honoured place in the police force.

I would love to get some t-shirts going, but I can't think of anything really good. Any ideas anyone?
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
I think a fabrial that allows you to see spren would only show the kind that were trapped in its particular gems, so what we need to do is figure out how to pack a plethora of spren into every individual gem

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 02:02:31 AM »
I think a fabrial that allows you to see spren would only show the kind that were trapped in its particular gems, so what we need to do is figure out how to pack a plethora of spren into every individual gem

I was thinking of a device that ran spren-free, maybe utilising a power from a different shard.
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 07:42:57 PM »
or just on stormlight? if it is good enough to power shardplade it is probably good enough to power shardglasses, that is what youwould call them right?

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 12:43:45 AM »
or just on stormlight? if it is good enough to power shardplade it is probably good enough to power shardglasses, that is what youwould call them right?
Of course! Further tests will be needed, but manufacturing of shardglasses will begin imminently. I will contact my sources on Roshar.
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 06:03:24 PM »
If we can use shardglasses to see spren can we use sharblades to kill them? Ah, it makes sense! the real reason syl didnt like dalinar sharblade is because it could kill her!

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 07:24:31 AM »
Recently, a theory has been circulating that implies that Greatshell beasts, such as chasmfiends, imprison spren inside their gemhearts in order help carry their bulky exoskeleton. (What sort of spren do you think they are? Strengthspren? Wildspren?) There have been sightings of strange spren surrounding dying Chasmfiends. Could these be the spren freed from their imprisonment in a gemheart?

If this rumour is true, action must be taken!!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 07:28:12 AM »
Recently, a theory has been circulating that implies that Greatshell beasts, such as chasmfiends, imprison spren inside their gemhearts in order help carry their bulky exoskeleton.

Joking aside, that's actually an interesting theory... is there another thread discussing that?
Just an idle comment. My comments are often idle. I can never get them to do any solid work.

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 07:33:06 AM »
Recently, a theory has been circulating that implies that Greatshell beasts, such as chasmfiends, imprison spren inside their gemhearts in order help carry their bulky exoskeleton.

Joking aside, that's actually an interesting theory... is there another thread discussing that?

I believe you can find it in the WOK: Horses post, bout page 2 or so:
http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7944.0
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 04:20:47 PM »
Recently, a theory has been circulating that implies that Greatshell beasts, such as chasmfiends, imprison spren inside their gemhearts in order help carry their bulky exoskeleton. (What sort of spren do you think they are? Strengthspren? Wildspren?) There have been sightings of strange spren surrounding dying Chasmfiends. Could these be the spren freed from their imprisonment in a gemheart?

If this rumour is true, action must be taken!!

And here the hypocrisy comes out. You would kill a living breathing animal simply to "free" a force of nature? What's next, killing skyeels because they move by "enslaving" windspren?

I suspect this petition is sponsored not by caring individuals who want a full investigation into the ethical treatment of spren, but by a coalition of merchants and businessmen who wish to ban fabriels out of greed. Without soulcast food and materials, we would be forced to rely on them for everything we ever use. Instead of instant and effective communication by spanreed, we'd go back to the days of sending letters by-surprise!-merchants.