Author Topic: I would like your opinion on the source of the dying visions (minor spoilers).  (Read 5701 times)

guy

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
I think that many of these could refer to the next book, 31 seems like a perfect situation for Dalinar to get in, protecting Sadeas against the mysterious parshendi shardbearer, and this is where he would first discover his surgebinding powers

Guinevere

• Level 2
    • View Profile
I think that many of these could refer to the next book, 31 seems like a perfect situation for Dalinar to get in, protecting Sadeas against the mysterious parshendi shardbearer, and this is where he would first discover his surgebinding powers

That's an interesting theory.  My only question is, "I stand against the one who saved my life..."  Either something happens in the next book where the Shardbearer saves his life, or he's talking about someone else... like say, Kaladin???

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile

That's an interesting theory.  My only question is, "I stand against the one who saved my life..."  Either something happens in the next book where the Shardbearer saves his life, or he's talking about someone else... like say, Kaladin???
I could definitely see a situation where Sadeas goads Kaladin into attacking him to maneuver for political advantage. Since he has blade and plate, he probably thinks there's no way Kaladin could kill him.
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
I dont think Dalinar will let anybody fight with eachother no matter how much they want to, besides who could have saved Kaladins life, maybe it could apply to Adolin...oh I get it, Dalinar is protecting Sadeas from Kaladin, that makes sense, or he could be protecting Szeth from Kaladin

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
I'm wondering if that's actually about Kaladin as the "I" person.  Promises are not usually referred to as "killed", but that choice of word would make perfect sense if it's referring to Kaladin's promise to bring his brother home alive. Maybe Amaram's the one who "saved" his life, by granting him the mercy of being sold into slavery instead of killed with the rest of his squad? Hard to say who counts as having killed the promise under this interpretation, though.

Cheese Ninja

• Level 4
    • View Profile
I'm wondering if that's actually about Kaladin as the "I" person.  Promises are not usually referred to as "killed", but that choice of word would make perfect sense if it's referring to Kaladin's promise to bring his brother home alive. Maybe Amaram's the one who "saved" his life, by granting him the mercy of being sold into slavery instead of killed with the rest of his squad? Hard to say who counts as having killed the promise under this interpretation, though.

I'd say Varth and Amaram are the ones most responsible for killing his promise of protecting Tien.  And then Amaram killed some of his men later as well.  Although why Kaladin would be protecting either of them from Dalinar, (Dalinar has saved Kalidan's life twice so far) I have no idea.  So I think we just don't have information yet to figure out what's going on in this prophecy.  Honestly, there's been a lot of life-saving so far already, and I think that more will happen as the series keeps going.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:22:16 PM by Cheese Ninja »

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
It could have been speaking of Amaram selling Kaladin.

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Oh, it could be Shallan, Jasnah saved her life